Automated calculator for the A_Harman index, VII content, and base-oil viscosity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, that's almost 50% off wow. I have Napa 3 blocks from me so I'll keep a eye on it.
How do you like that 15 VW Sportwagen? Does it have 1.8 TSI like mine?
I love that car. I keep track of every gas fill up and mileage in Google sheet and I am averaging 45.8 MPG. on 87 E0 gas.
I also put on aluminum dog bone and springs from VWR which lower the car about 11/2 inch and it rides like a go cart.
Air filter is Afe dry.
Both my Golf's are TDI's with DSG's. You are getting fuel mileage that is equal to the diesels and costs about 25 cents a gallon less for gasoline around here. That is great! My daughter drives the wagon and I have the hatch. Pure stock commuting vehicles I'm afraid. The 2.0L EA288 Diesel requires the 504/507 specification with 10K mile change interval.

Both my Golf's are TDI's with DSG's. You are getting fuel mileage that is equal to the diesels and costs about 25 cents a gallon less for gasoline around here. That is great! My daughter drives the wagon and I have the hatch. Pure stock commuting vehicles I'm afraid. The 2.0L EA288 Diesel requires the 504/507 specification with 10K mile change interval.
87 Octane E0 price at Maverik which is the only station that has it in my area is actually quite pricey. Looking at my numbers from last fill up in G sheet I paid $2.98 per gallon. According to Gokhan I am gaining about 3% in MPG on E0 compare to E10. Now, is it worth it pricewise? I don't know cause I have no data on 87 E10 to compare it with because I never had it in my tank with exception of dealer fill when I bought the car.

87 Octane E0 price at Maverik which is the only station that has it in my area is actually quite pricey. Looking at my numbers from last fill up in G sheet I paid $2.98 per gallon. According to Gokhan I am gaining about 3% in MPG on E0 compare to E10. Now, is it worth it pricewise? I don't know cause I have no data on 87 E10 to compare it with because I never had it in my tank with exception of dealer fill when I bought the car.
You're lucky to be able to get EO 87 octane. I live in Montreal, Canada and only if I buy 91 octane will I get zero ethanol, and that's only certain brands (Esso, Shell). Then again, it sounds like it may be tough to get even in the U.S. Is that the case?

You're lucky to be able to get EO 87 octane. I live in Montreal, Canada and only if I buy 91 octane will I get zero ethanol, and that's only certain brands (Esso, Shell). Then again, it sounds like it may be tough to get even in the U.S. Is that the case?
I don't know about US or whole state of Nevada where I live, but in the area where I am E0 is only available in 87 octane. Even if higher octane E0 was available I would not use it due to living at elevation 5,000 feet and frequently travel to Sierra Mountains ( 7K-8K feet) where air is at much lower pressure compare to at see level and therefore lower octane gas performs better. When I was in Denver few years back they even sell 85 octane there. There are couple specialty fuels distributors in the area that sell high octane unleaded non-oxygenated (E0) fuels if I wanted to use one but no need for that in a street car.

I don't know about US or whole state of Nevada where I live, but in the area where I am E0 is only available in 87 octane. Even if higher octane E0 was available I would not use it due to living at elevation 5,000 feet and frequently travel to Sierra Mountains ( 7K-8K feet) where air is at much lower pressure compare to at see level and therefore lower octane gas performs better. When I was in Denver few years back they even sell 85 octane there. There are couple specialty fuels distributors in the area that sell high octane unleaded non-oxygenated (E0) fuels if I wanted to use one but no need for that in a street car.
Thanks, just learned a couple of things, Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back