Autolite Iridium Xp Vs. Hyundai OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PimTac
I was under the impression that iridium plugs were good for around 100k miles. 45k seems too soon.

That is a turbo engine and yes Hyundai specs 45K miles in this case. I have the same engine as OP, just 2013. VERY EASY job to replace. Keep your 100K warranty valid, do as scheduled even though they will probably look fine. Use same as installed, NGK or Denso. Just don't buy from the dealer. They have the same Denso part with their own part # at double the price.

OP: Twin tip? Never saw that on this engine. Have you checked one?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: user52165
Originally Posted By: PimTac
I was under the impression that iridium plugs were good for around 100k miles. 45k seems too soon.

That is a turbo engine and yes Hyundai specs 45K miles in this case. I have the same engine as OP, just 2013. VERY EASY job to replace. Keep your 100K warranty valid, do as scheduled even though they will probably look fine. Use same as installed, NGK or Denso. Just don't buy from the dealer. They have the same Denso part with their own part # at double the price.

OP: Twin tip? Never saw that on this engine. Have you checked one?

I've not pulled one. I just broke down and ordered the Denso plug that carries the OEM part number. I found them a bit cheeper at 48$ shipped for a set of 4. They are the Denso Long-life plugs, not the twin tips.

The Santa Fe turbo is a GDI motor. My regular 2L turbo uses the Denso TT iridiums from the factory and at 65k miles I cleaned them off and put them back in. In 2013 Hyundai bumped up the HP in the 2L by 50 hp or so for the Gen Coupe and they went with a NGK TT iridium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back