Autolite xp iridium enhanced vs acdelco iridium soark plugs

No...NGK are ONE of GM's suppliers and obviously got an award for their service, but they are not the only Delco plug manufacturer. I have a close friend who is high on the food chain at Federal Mogul and says they also produce spark plugs for General Motors, Ford, Chrysler as well as other vehicle manufacturers.
Correct - even Bosch makes some Delco spark plugs.

In your application I would just use a standard platinum be it autolite or Delco - you will still get an 80k mile average use and perhaps even 100k.

Always had good results from Autolite untill I put a set in an Accord this summer, along with new wires, and got a faint miss. Don't have tools or knowhow to check plugs so put set NGK's and prob solved.

All else being equal, I would go with the AC "regular" iridiums. They will work great and last a long time.
In my opinion your 22 year old Buick doesn't need anything fancier than iridium spark plugs.

Put AC Delco iridium plugs in my '02 Silverado when it rolled over 100K miles. Put another set in it just a few months ago when it rolled over 200K miles. I'll put another set in it again in 10 years when I hit 300K miles. The AC plugs meet the specifications for GM, are a good price, are readily available, and work great for my application.

I did my own research few years ago. When I got my lesabre,looking at a.c. Delco fuel filters, spark plugs,on amazon...one of 2 posted photos.also with Parker safety razors...plating was coming off after only 4 months of use the a.c. Delco fuel filter..4 months in.began rusting. Set of spark plugs appeared cheap.guy used them.don't remember what happened..but they feel it was made in china. Someone is using,a.c. Delco logo..but it isn't a.c. Delco quality.

I wanna try automate iridiums. I had a 95 neon once. 2005 or6,tried a set of new autolite spark plug wires.advance auto.immediatly,it interfeered with my radio in car. Put Chrysler ones back on radio worked fine.

I had a 95 neon once. 2005 or6,tried a set of new autolite spark plug wires.advance auto.immediatly,it interfeered with my radio in car. Put Chrysler ones back on radio worked fine.
There's a good lesson in "if it ain't broken" there. Also applies to the situation you're pondering now.

Lol.at the time,I had read bad stuff about EMF interruptions from sub par non one spark plug wires.this was one of them. So...pondered on the autolite iridiums.maybe should just stay with oem Delco iridiums.

I bought a set of Autolite iridiums on sale, for the Tacoma 2.7. It calls for Denso iridiums but for such a crazy cheap price I thought I would roll the dice with the Autolites.

Either one will do I’ve had luck with both brands in multiple cars. If it was me I’d get the ones that would be like the ones that came out.

So..think it's safe,too but the automated from rockauto? Did some research last night..couldn't find anything that ticket to was known for selling fakes,like eBay and amazon. And read autozone,nuts direct from company..safe too buy spark pkygs,from rockauto?autozone? ..rockauto..$4.08 a plug. $24.00. $3.99 shipping. $32 total.Auto z one...$7.99 a plug.$48 then sales tax...

So..think it's safe,too but the automated from rockauto? Did some research last night..couldn't find anything that ticket to was known for selling fakes,like eBay and amazon. And read autozone,nuts direct from company..safe too buy spark pkygs,from rockauto?autozone? ..rockauto..$4.08 a plug. $24.00. $3.99 shipping. $32 total.Auto z one...$7.99 a plug.$48 then sales tax...

Rock Auto is safe to order from :)

When the parts arrive, google the return address. It will lead to the warehouse it shipped from. They usually come from warehouses that serve independent parts stores such as Auto Value, Parts Authority, and Factory Motor Parts. Sometimes they even ship directly from the manufacturer.

It's a 98 Buick in CT. Throw some AC Delco platinum plugs in it and be done with it. They will likely outlast the car if it's been driven during winters up there.

A weary traveler asked:
Thanks!I wanna try the autolite iridium. But....what exactly is,enhanced iridiums vs just plain iridiums plugs?
To which a wizened stated:
Just a guess, but I think it may be simply a marketing term used by Autolite.
To which I heartily agree. So much stuff on a shelf is targeting your insecurities and wallets.
But I'm on board with this fellow:
I put Denso iridiums in my Silverado, and they work fine.
I cross referenced a set of Denso double tipped wire-electrode iridium plugs. Double tipped as in there is a laser welded iridium "button" on the ground strap as well as the fine wire tipped center electrode. They were a recommended GM upgrade from platinum Rapid Fire ACDelcos. I got them for a smart price on Rockauto for $4/plug. I simply *DONT* want to attempt getting out plugs #5 and #8 anytime soon again in my Silverado....feh!

Keep your GM all GM. ;>

Well the autolites advertise,theirs platinum on the arm.iridium enhanced center. I read,platinum is a poor conductor of electricity. Amazon reviews...the majority,all have good things too say about a.c. Delco iridiums. But much less,on automate xp. A.c. Delcos, most think,have gone china.meaning downhill past decades.
I put a.c. Delco coppers in,like 3 years ago,20,000 miles or so.mechanic looked at them other day.said they were still very good. I see mmo and forgo top tier gas,and Lucas fuel treatment sometimes,every full up. It srems,autoli yes are not as good,as a.c. DElcos,or alone co pper! With citgo,I'm getting about 220 miles to a tank.mobile gas,and mmo/Lucas sometimes,247to 252 miles.so coppers s ,do work! In. A 3800 engine.

Well the autolites advertise,theirs platinum on the arm.iridium enhanced center. I read,platinum is a poor conductor of electricity. Amazon reviews...the majority,all have good things too say about a.c. Delco iridiums. But much less,on automate xp. A.c. Delcos, most think,have gone china.meaning downhill past decades.
I put a.c. Delco coppers in,like 3 years ago,20,000 miles or so.mechanic looked at them other day.said they were still very good. I see mmo and forgo top tier gas,and Lucas fuel treatment sometimes,every full up. It srems,autoli yes are not as good,as a.c. DElcos,or alone co pper! With citgo,I'm getting about 220 miles to a tank.mobile gas,and mmo/Lucas sometimes,247to 252 miles.so coppers s ,do work! In. A 3800 engine.
The electrical resistance of the tip material is irrelevant, but platinum is an excellent conductor. The majority of the resistance of a plug is elsewhere in the construction and is many times higher than whatever is going on at the tip material.

But again, platinum is a very good conductor of electricity.

Back