Autolite xp iridium enhanced vs acdelco iridium soark plugs

Get ACDelco, NGK, or Denso. Don't buy them from eBay or Amazon.

Iridium is good for at least 100k, so you won't have to do them again for a long time.
In fact very few people will ever do a second plug change with Iridium plugs on the same vehicle because very few will own vehicles with 200,000 miles. Same thing with all the hand wringing about using anti seize. That set of Iridiums you put in will still be in the heads when the vehicle is at the wreckers. Only 4% of vehicles in the US make it past 200,000 miles.

Last edited:
The electrical resistance of the tip material is irrelevant, but platinum is an excellent conductor. The majority of the resistance of a plug is elsewhere in the construction and is many times higher than whatever is going on at the tip material.

But again, platinum is a very good conductor of electricity.
This. Platinum has a resistance of 105 nΩ·m, that’s nano-ohms. Compared to the 3,000-10,000 ohm resister built into the spark plug, what the tip is made of is nothing.

Platinum conducts electricity twice as well as lead. Platinum battery terminals would never corrode and work better than stock.

My AC Delco iridium plugs say “assembled in the USA with Japanese and USA parts” right on the plug body.
Does one of the Japanese makers have an American plant?

My AC Delco iridium plugs say “assembled in the USA with Japanese and USA parts” right on the plug body.
Does one of the Japanese makers have an American plant?

Yes, most likely NGK, sometimes Denso, particularly for the Pontiac Vibe (Matrix) and Geo Prizm (Corolla)

Denso has a spark plug factory in TN. NGK has one in WV.

In fact very few people will ever do a second plug change with Iridium plugs on the same vehicle because very few will own vehicles with 200,000 miles. Same thing with all the hand wringing about using anti seize. That set of Iridiums you put in will still be in the heads when the vehicle is at the wreckers. Only 4% of vehicles in the US make it past 200,000 miles.

I think I am a 1%er.... Meaning more than 300,000+ miles.

Not the other kind of 1%er... :)

Almost at 330,000 miles in fact.

I keep my vehicles well past 200,000 miles. I only get rid of them if they are rotted beyond repair.

I've had no issues with the Autolite Iridium plugs in the Santa Fe 2.0T. I'd give them a shot if less expensive.

Awesome replies! Well,I've found,running copper a.c. Delcos work! 247 miles too a tank!no misfires.mechanic looked at plugs last week.said they look like I could go 10,000 more miles. I put them in myself. They have about about 20,000 miles 3 years in em.
Think I could just stay with copper plugs?

In tossing betwern, automate coppers, platinum,or iridiums...can't decide come spring.should have around 24-27000 miles on Delco coppers.purchased off amazon.

Back