Auto-Rx with bypass filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just added RX to a Holden (GM) V8 high mileage with newly fitted Frantz toilet roll bypass filter. After just 60kms (37 miles) oil much darker. Not sure how a bypass will affect std 750-mile treatment period? Maybe bypass should be changed soon, any ideas?

sprintman,
a thought (and only just one at that), that I'd wondered when I first read about autoRx, and the lanolin ester crystals, was that if the oil system had cold spots, then could they drop out the crystals there ?

I mean, the bypass system has a lot of extra plumbing, and a very very low flow rate.

Is there any possibility that it's getting cool enough around the filter for the autoRx to be filtered out by the Frantz ?

I did an Auto-Rx clean on my 95 PSD using 3 bottles at one time of Auto-Rx,(15QT sump) and there was no excess build-up on the bypass. Just the normal cleaning. I would run the bypass the full 750 mile clean with no change. The oil runs through the bypass and keeps it hot during use.

dunno.gif

That's an interesting questions. Please update as you progress as I'm interested in how it goes.

I often thougth that was the best way to treat with the Auto-RX, as the by-pass with collect everthing as cleaning progresses. The only down side would be the cost of an expensive by-pass filter.

If the oil is visibly dirty that's a good indication the by-pass is running at a reduced flow rate due to being full of dirt, but does that apply to disolved carbon and varnish? It may not. I can't see any reason for it to change the application cleaning miles.

Did you change out the regular filter?

I'd like to see the by-pass filter changed just to see if a new tp visualy cleans up the oil or not.

New full flow but a week old bypass. Toilet rolls are cheap so owner will check it this weekend. Will be interesting to see if the sticking valves get better.

I plan on using ARX in my nissan/ with bypass...changing the oil right now.....hopefully the ARX will arrive tomorrow or the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back