Auto-RX Results - first cleaning cycle (not good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: needsducktape
I think it looks good -not sure that it could actually get much cleaner.

Does your burn any oil between OC ? My solara v-6 did about 1/4 qt between changes

I usually add half a quart per 5-7k OCIs just to keep the oil level touching the FULL line.

The car gets run HARD once it's warmed up. I don't drive it like it's an old 14 year old car with 217k on the clock. She's been good to me and runs flawlessly without any complain all the way to redline each and every day.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Artem....all I can say is "why"?

Your engine looks great...that coloration makes no difference in how it operates, and with miles you've go on it, it looks really great...so, why try to fix something that ain't broke?

OCD, maybe??

Yes i'm OCD. I know the varnish doesn't hurt a thing but i still want to clean it if possible.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Artem....all I can say is "why"?

Your engine looks great...that coloration makes no difference in how it operates, and with miles you've go on it, it looks really great...so, why try to fix something that ain't broke?

OCD, maybe??

Yes i'm OCD. I know the varnish doesn't hurt a thing but i still want to clean it if possible.

It's not OCD. There is nothing wrong with experimenting, testing, and documenting effectiveness of products. Why discourage that?

Believe me when i say that, there is practically ZERO difference in engine cleanliness compared to the BEFORE condition after having RX splashing around for 2,600 miles.
Thats because it's already spotlessly clean. It's fine leave it alone.

Artem man, that really stinks. I've had good luck with AutoRX, especially when it came to helping seals. It looksk like it started to do some good. If you're still on the run, maybe run it to 5K?

To be fair, you need to do the Auto-Rx rinse and see how it goes.

Amsoil flush will only get some gooey stuff out. But if you are running M1 or other synthetics, there is not going to be much gooey stuff for the flush to deal with.

I am with other replies that say, it looks pretty darn good as is especially for an engine with over 200K.

About the only thing that some have reported to deal with varnish and staining is PU. And again that will be a very slow process. Hunt around some Walmarts for PU.

Quote:
Believe me when i say that, there is practically ZERO difference in engine cleanliness compared to the BEFORE condition after having RX splashing around for 2,600 miles. I mean there is probably 3-5% less varnish / yellowing - and that could be the result of PYB doing it job, more then anything else LOL (I EXPECTED BETTER RESULTS from RX, to be honest with you)

To the OP-

The instructions and the company have told you that the cleaning isn't done until the end of the rinse phase. You're not even done with the cleaning phase. How clean do you expect it to be?

Even if the product was working as it's supposed to, it might not be that clean during this part of the cycle.

Quote:
I want to find a cleaner that actually WORKS and does what it says it will do Auto-RX looks to have failed me and i don't know what to do with the second bottle i have

Judging by what you said so far, it looks like you want a cleaner that works without following the directions. You can't say it failed because the process isn't even half way finished.

Wait until the process is finished and then bash.

Sheesh....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Artem man, that really stinks. I've had good luck with AutoRX, especially when it came to helping seals. It looksk like it started to do some good. If you're still on the run, maybe run it to 5K?

It's paired with a cheap STP oil filter that i got with an Autozone OC deal and i don't feel comfortable running it longer then 3k. I'm used to using M1 filters which i know will be able to last a long time without question.

I think i'll finish the 3k cleaning cycle and do a rinse cycle, like A-RX's directions suggest and then go from there.

Originally Posted By: Donald
To be fair, you need to do the Auto-Rx rinse and see how it goes.

Amsoil flush will only get some gooey stuff out. But if you are running M1 or other synthetics, there is not going to be much gooey stuff for the flush to deal with.

I am with other replies that say, it looks pretty darn good as is especially for an engine with over 200K.

About the only thing that some have reported to deal with varnish and staining is PU. And again that will be a very slow process. Hunt around some Walmarts for PU.
Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Quote:
Believe me when i say that, there is practically ZERO difference in engine cleanliness compared to the BEFORE condition after having RX splashing around for 2,600 miles. I mean there is probably 3-5% less varnish / yellowing - and that could be the result of PYB doing it job, more then anything else LOL (I EXPECTED BETTER RESULTS from RX, to be honest with you)

To the OP-

The instructions and the company have told you that the cleaning isn't done until the end of the rinse phase. You're not even done with the cleaning phase. How clean do you expect it to be?

Even if the product was working as it's supposed to, it might not be that clean during this part of the cycle.

I don't see how the rinse cycle will manage to remove all the stuck on build up and varnish... The Auto-RX rep in the email said the same thing, so i'll give the rinse cycle a shot and take the valve cover off again and check out the results.

Originally Posted By: Topo
I would say it did really nothing at all, engine didn't look sludge up at all anyways, maybe ARXS isn't a good varnish cleaner nor is Amsoil product.

If it's designed to eat through sludge, i'd think that the chemicals should be able to chew through a little varnish / MINOR build up.

You would think so, but maybe that varnish(staining) is deep in the pores of the metal and just won't come out very well. Overall nice engine with or without the engine cleaners..Good Job! taking care of it.

I would say it did really nothing at all, engine didn't look sludge up at all anyways, maybe ARXS isn't a good varnish cleaner nor is Amsoil product.

If it's designed to eat through sludge, i'd think that the chemicals should be able to chew through a little varnish / MINOR build up.

You would think so, but maybe that varnish(staining) is deep in the pores of the metal and just won't come out very well. Overall nice engine with or without the engine cleaners..Good Job! taking care of it.

Perhaps... I got nothing better to do so i want to find a cleaner that will remove the varnish / minor build up.

For a supposed sludge engine, it looks good, i agree. The synthetic oils i've been using since the car was new have definitely done their job... for the most part.

I don't see how the rinse cycle will manage to remove all the stuck on build up and varnish... The Auto-RX rep in the email said the same thing, so i'll give the rinse cycle a shot and take the valve cover off again and check out the results.

Actually, this is what the rep said in your email posted above:
Quote:
a better clear indicator would be after finishing the rinse phase.

Here's an analogy (note - this is written in the spirit of good-natured fun, not to bash you
smile.gif
) :

"Boo, this frozen pizza sucks! It didn't work! I put it in the oven for half the time the instructions said to, and it's still frozen! I'm going to complain on the internet."

Wait until it's done, then bash away.

I don't know if it will improve anymore or not, but I'm interested in seeing the results.

I used Auto-RX once about 5 years ago. In my case, the oil didn't get very dark during the cleaning phase, but during the rinse phase the oil got super dark much quicker than normal. That made me think it was cleaning something out of somewhere.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stephen9666

Actually, this is what the rep said in your email posted above:
Quote:
a better clear indicator would be after finishing the rinse phase.

Here's an analogy (note - this is written in the spirit of good-natured fun):

"Boo, this frozen pizza sucks! It didn't work! I put it in the oven for half the time the instructions said to, and it's still frozen! I'm going to complain on the internet."

Wait until it's done, then bash away.

crackmeup2.gif
alright, i'll do a rinse cycle and post the results later.

Amazing, your clean engine is still clean after a flush!LOL
I don't know what you expect...I have seen dirtier engines with 10k on them.
Trying to clean that oil staining will be a futile waste of money. Oil soaks into the pores of the metal and stains it the color of oil.

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
Which product do you plan to mis-apply relative to an un-intended application and then trash on the internet next?

Do explain to me how i'm using it not as intended.

Auto-RX claims...

Auto-Rx® safely removes sludge, dirt, carbon build-up, and other contaminants from engines.

They also state...

Auto-Rx® Is a specially formulated, all-natural metal cleaner designed to thoroughly clean the internals of your engine.

I'm trying to clean a little varnish buildup. Is it too much to expect SOME result after a supposed "cleaning cycle"?

I'm trying to clean a little varnish buildup. Is it too much to expect SOME result after a supposed "cleaning cycle"?

I'm not going to re-quote the years and years of posts that have been done on this topic, but the short answer is "Yes".

Hmmm.... i didn't think it was THAT important for the rinse cycle to be done. I did some searching before buying the product and saw many DURING photos of engine internals of the product working. Pics were taken @ 500 miles in, 1k, 1.5k in, etc. I figured after 2,600 miles that i'd see a bit more cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back