How to do an auto rx double does/treatement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive heard about some here using auto rx, and using it for a double treatment, i guess kinda like a shock treatment... how is that done? Do 1,500 miles once, the do another 1,500 miles with new filter oil auto rx ect, and then go to rinse?
Or maybe 1,500 miles with auto rx, regualr rinse at 2,000 miles, and then 1,500 miles agian, regualr rinse, and then after that, maintanance doses?

AFAIK, a double treatment is two consecutive cycles, i.e. clean, rinse, clean, rinse. And I'm sure Frank would just say read and follow the instructions.

quote:

Originally posted by ConfederateTyrant:

quote:

Or maybe 1,500 miles with auto rx, regualr rinse at 2,000 miles, and then 1,500 miles agian, regualr rinse, and then after that, maintanance doses?

Yes.

Actually no. The second clean phase is only 1000 miles, not 1500. See the instructions at www.auto-rx.com for more info.

It depends on which on you need; aka sludge, normal, diesel etc.

One is 1,500 miles and some are 1,000 miles.

Zig, I'd recommend doing the full 1500 miles on both clean phases- can't hurt, & might help. My double dose so far:

*Clean phase 1: ~1650 miles on Formula Shell 5w30 SL/GF-3 w/AA16 filter
*Rinse phase 1: ~2000 miles on SuperTech SM 5w30 w/Havoline T-35 filter
*Clean phase 2: ~1700 miles on SuperTech 10w30 SM w/AA3614 filter
*Rinse phase 2: In progress, now at ~1500 miles on Formula Shell 10w30 SL/GF-4 w/Hav T-35 filter. Odometer's now *very* close to 197,000 miles.
cheers.gif

Hey stuart! hows it goin: ) I did my oil change yesterday evening, form my 95 neon. WOW! I had used pennzoil dino 5w 30 back in mid july.As of yesterday was able to hit 1,500 miles, using a mobile 1 filter.. interesting what came out. Oil was Black, i didnt see any grit or particles in the filter, i havnt hacked it open yet, i will soon. But i was amazed how black the oil was! i did a VERY fair share, of stop and go traffic on our I 95 highway in the humid summer heat. I never saw a Dino oil so black after 3 months or 1,500 miles or stop and go driving! So i am assuming, auto rx did its job!
I refilled with supertech 5w 30, and am using a pureolator pure one filter from my small stash.
An interesting note... i drove car a little prior to draining, get it good and hot. after i took the filter off, and looked in it( was hot as ****) i saw some foamy bubbles!! Made me think about pennzoils myth about foam, ect, lol. Maybe it was because the oil was hot or something. Ive done many immidrains after driving, within hte first 7 10 or 12 minutes of cooling down, and NEVER saw an oil in filter, bubble and foam a little. interesting... I had let my brake booster line suck up about a quarter of a gallon of ditilled water, to clean out intake, maybe that had something to do with it?
Thanks for the info all!

quote:

Originally posted by mburnickas:
It depends on which on you need; aka sludge, normal, diesel etc.

One is 1,500 miles and some are 1,000 miles.

Indeed, I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing that out.

-Bryan

no big deal. I know for me the directions etc always seem to be (work in progress). The directions themselves are not correct. They say one thing and then down the page another (paper copy).

Then the 2 or 3 oz for oil changes (Maintenance dose)makes no sense. They say for a normal engine needs XX then a sludge engine needs XX (which they are both the same).Heck the dosages of the paper copy (they send in the order) and the website do not match! You would think after 6 years of selling it, they would get it right.

Next would be just add to existing oil. Which is not correct either. Then throw in the use a dino oil. Ok, like which one.

I like the product but the directions are very bad. It leaves the door wide open bigtime!Really someone should go though it and fix everything since they are confusing at best and do not match. I know Frank LOVES to say "did you read...."; but the directions are not very good.

[ September 20, 2006, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: mburnickas ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back