Auto-Rx now or wait until spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a vehicle that will be sitting most of this winter. Maybe it will be driven once a month for 50 miles or so each time between November and probably March or April. I'm going to change the oil shortly and was planning on doing an Auto-Rx treatment to it on the next change.

The question is, do I add the Auto-Rx when I change the oil in the next few weeks, wait until spring?

FWIW, the engine is a 5.0L Ford with 80K miles...

[ October 16, 2003, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: jsharp ]

Mileage seems to be a factor. The longer you keep in it, the more it will clean...as long as you change the oil filter to prevent it from going into bypass mode.

So, if you aren't going to put 2-3k on it during the winter...then wait...otherwise, there is no better time than the present!

It certainly won't do any harm to put in now. I had the first cleaning dose in my spare car for almost a year before I accumulated 1000 miles. It doesn't do anything while the car is sitting. The product works by warmth and circulation, but doesn't lose any cleaning punch by just sitting.

The ideal situation would be to add it to your existing oil and run the 1000-1500 miles before you change the oil out for storage. If your oil has still has useful life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back