Auto-RX in Dodge Avenger Oil Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just completed the 1st treatment of Auto-RX in the '95 Dodger Avenger with a 2.0 DOHC 4 banger. Has about 97k on the clock. It was burning about a quart every 1k miles. I ran Castrol GTX 10w30 with the AutoRX and a Supertech filter. I left it in for 921 miles and sent a sample to Blackstone Labs. Still is using 1qt per 1k miles. I cut open the filter and it was clean so I'm guessing this motor isn't really dirty inside. I have a 2nd treatment in with Pennzoil 10w30 and Supertech filter. FWIW the pennzoil seems to smoke alot mopre out of the tailpipe.

EDIT: This car had religous 3k/3mo oil changes with Pennzoil since brand new. Not real happy with thesmoke out of the tail pipe.
mad.gif

[ June 03, 2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: 1maniac ]

Did you follow the instructions for a high mileage vehicle from the ARX site? Are you running the second application of ARX currently?
Did you have any tailpipe smoke prior to the first application? Why did you change brands of dino midstream? Not that its a problem. How long have you run the second application? How is the car running currently? A bit more info from you will be helpfull to direct you further.

quote:

Originally posted by Rick20:
Did you follow the instructions for a high mileage vehicle from the ARX site?

I think the cutoff for a high milege vehicle is 100K, so he would be just under it...meaning only 1 application recommended...if I understand it correctly.

Auto-Rx application instructions do use 100,000 miles as mileage that calls for a second application. 97,000 miles is close enough to do a second application on a 4 cylinder DOHC engine. Tailpipe smoke is probably a burn-off of third party abrasives removed by Auto-Rx.

This car began burning oil out the tailpipe at about 90k miles. I am currently on the 2nd Auto-RX treatment and have no reason for switching oil brands except it was whatever was on sale at the time. The engine runs fine just uses oil.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back