Auto-rx: How come no tranny rinse phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luberube, I feel like I'm being cross examined
dunno.gif
tongue.gif

The varnish is insideous because it carrys very small metallic wear particles that mix and harden. Stopping or clogging in the most minute choke points in the valve body interupting normal trans function.

2 big diffs between a closed hydraulic system trans and relatively open clearance engine; no combust byproduct introduction, and clearances that are tight in the trans over the engine.

Thats a few of the issues.

[ March 16, 2004, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Terry ]

"Luberube, I feel like I'm being cross examined"

Trial lawyers generally don't say "Please comment." Sorry if my search for truth and beauty was grating. I didn't mean it that way. I value your experience, especially with this product, which I am trying out in multiple systems.

I hear you to say that varnish is the main culprit in transmission contamination, but not in engines, and that is primarily because of the tighter clearances. But you seem to also be saying that that varnish is removed by ARX in a single cleaning run and that a rinse run is unnecessary in a transmission. Is that a good summary?

LubeRube

Why doesn't the fresh ATF that is put in after the ARX run cause the same contamination loosening and transport effect that it is supposed to cause in an engine? What is different about the cleaning METHOD in a transmission?[/B]

The original fluid with the ARX dissolved in it has loosened enough of the small particles and the varnish that were trapped in the orignal varnish films. After the first drain, you have removed say 99% of the varnish and particle contanminants. You simply just don't have clumps of carbon and sludge circulating in a tranny or on the case or valves as you do for an engine. I think what Terry and Rick are saying is that your pan drain and fluid replacement after running ARX IS the rinse phase, but not as critical as the "required" rinse phase for engines.

As Rick said, if you feel more compfortable, do another pan drain and fluid replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back