Are you serious about tire rotation intervals?

Yes but not exclusively every 5K miles. More along the lines of the amount of 32nd wear. Such as when the tires wear ~every 2/32nds from the last rotation. Other times I will rotate tires when I am doing other work such as brakes and it’s getting close to rotation time.

Last edited:
we have coarser stone in the asphalt to make it last longer depending on the wear from the studded tires. Also, the mix is different depending on the temperatures we have in winter. Tyres last max 10k miles... pointless to rotate tires

Think it's a waste of time unless the tires are wearing unevenly, at which point rotating only masks the problem unless you fix the cause. Just replace the pair of tires as they wear out.

That's what the tire shop did for me when I had a tire failure and needed a new front tire. They sold me two new tires put them on the front. I've read the opposite, though, that the newer tires should go in the rear regardless of FWD, RWD, or 4WD.
I`ve heard about that too, but i believe on RWD was more crutial to have best tyres because RWDs are more prone to spinout. But on FWD cars front wheels drives, steers and stops so you might want to have best tyres up front.

Every 5-6K, or at the minimum, every oil change. IME it really helps improve longevity since the front and rear tires wear at different rates. It also gives you an opportunity for a brake inspection.

I always inspect brakes when doing a rotation. Unless the vehicle comes back with this 💩💩

Then I fix brakes and we contact location that half rear ended their work and make them reimburse us

Attachments

• 962249AA-C1A9-4EF6-B7E6-F38FEF8EFF7C.jpeg
    962249AA-C1A9-4EF6-B7E6-F38FEF8EFF7C.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 9AF9FC20-D95C-4621-933B-FE277DF7A229.jpeg
    9AF9FC20-D95C-4621-933B-FE277DF7A229.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 15
Yes, I rotate religiously between 5 and 10K miles.

I do it myself with floor jacks, a makita impact wrench, and a torque wrench.

With so many tires I cant afford to waste them or throw them away prematurely.

On the other hand we were not rotating the Goodyear all terrains on my son’s truck and sure enough after a number of years the fronts were worn more than the back tires. We moved the backs to the front and will see if it evens out. In any case they’ll have to be replaced in a year or two.

depends on the vehicle some you need to rotate often.. others are fine at 10 or 12k miles.

On either FWD or RWD you have control of front tires through the steering wheel. You have no control of the rears, thus the better tires go there.
I`ve allways done it that way and never had issues on either snow or soaking wet roads. Last time i bough new tyres, my old ones was so worn and old i would lockup upon braking and get wheelspin easily, but even at that point i never experienced slip in the rear.

I took my Atlas Cross Sport to the dealership for its included 20k oil change, I do my own change on the 5’s, and free state inspection and ask that the tires be rotated. Picked it up and inspection report said no rotation was need as the front tires were at 7 mm and the rears were at 6 mm. Have to respect their honesty as the rotation was the only thing I could have been charged for.

No. We age out tires before they wear out, case in point the OE tires on my accord. I won’t wear them out and they’ll be at 100k mikes and half tread.

I rotate when I think about it and it’s convenient. The primary reason is to check brakes and bleed fluid easily.

I only do the ones on my HD when the rear vs front wear starts to become noticeable. Towing the fifth wheel wears the rears a little faster and as long as my alignment is good theres little value to rotating them (plus they are very heavy)

I rotate when I start to notice a depth difference. All my vehicles wear the front tires way faster than the back.
For me this works out to about 5kish. Fronts always wear quicker since 90% of my driving is city.

I just paid $130 a tire for new tires that were probably $90 a tire a couple years ago, so ya I will be rotating them trying to get as much as I can out of them.

Under 10k … 1 on DT deal … 1 on Firestone deal …
Dealer service on new Chevy - OLM oil change visit …
Rubicon I do and can rattle can surface rust early on …

Back