Are people going off the deep end ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is difficult for any one person to harmonize all the different schedules that surround him. I ticked off my neighbor one year by mowing my lawn while he was watching the Super Bowl. Not intentionally, I just didn't know in advance that that was something I should build my schedule around.

Biggest blow-up I've had from a neighbour was when I was sanding my floors (had to have the machine back 8AM Sunday), and he blew up at 5PM Saturday over the noise...picked his car up from the hospital a few weeks ago, better half takes him his mail etc...entirely no hard feelings...he had a bad day, I had a deadline.

Biggest blowup I had with a neighbour. My dog was on heat, inside my house...his dog was on my doorstep barking at 2AM. I hunted it off, it came back. I picked it up, got in his face and handed his dog back to him. Him "your dog's in heat", me "your dog's out of your yard"...I would have won legally, and could have called the pound but they don't work weekends.

I live next door to the old bloke with nothing to do, and all day and night to do it, and a bloke who works 12 hour shifts, days for three, a couple off, nights for three, a couple off.

We don't seem to get in each other's faces any more.

Originally Posted By: smokey1
I see they're on the internet as well . Should've known better . Thanks DR.JULIAN . :- )

Looks like you applied for being on the show.

Congrats.

you can do the opposite, mow the grass at 5am when the sun rises in the summer. my next door neighbor did that, it peeves me off seriously, on a Sunday morning.

I would do some reading of your trespass act, here atleast after he's been told once he's not welcome you can charge him with trespass. If the police balk, quote the law that applies, they can't really ignore that.
Maybe the guy is looking for someone to pick on, and showing some teeth may get him to choose someone else.

I like to deal from a position of strength and humility. That way, if someone wants to bring a knife to a gun fight, I can accommodate them. So, I trespass upon others as little as possible ..and tolerate trespass as much as possible.

When that fails, then I show them the lawful wages of sin.

"O ye of the stone throwing glass house. How does thy pane break?"

aka: Is your ego and/or natural misery quotient/process variable worth that much to you ..or would you rather find some other place to vent your displaced anxiety?

I've also found that time wounds all heels.

I don't like the lawn mower noise early in the day or late in the evening but my neighbors are usually considerate. The earliest has been 8:30 am a few times by contractors. The latest is sometimes around 8pm.

But otherwise it's during the day so it's not a problem.

Originally Posted By: 97f150
Originally Posted By: smokey1
Originally Posted By: 97f150
Weird this topic should come up. Just yesterday evening my wife and I were trying to watch a movie and relax after a hard days work when the jerk neighbor kept passing by the living room with his lawn mower. It burnt my biscuits so bad that I went out there and told him about himself, after all it was almost 2100. Dirtbag told me to get off his property. Ticked me off so bad it almost ruined my buzz.
thanks for your concern .

You can count on me! BTW, that was meant as a joke.
no problem . I was blinded by anger at the time . :- )

My neighbor went off at me last week for not attending some townhall meeting about a property up for demolition/rehab a few houses down (it affects him more than it affects me). I felt as if my dad was scolding me for skipping school. But apparently the meeting was rescheduled due to lack of attendance - he was the only one that showed up.

But the guy is a vietnam vet, very disgruntled, complaining about everything. It may be just a matter of time before he snaps, takes out some old AK-47 from under the bed and goes bananas on the community...

Better get him before he gets you.
grin2.gif

A typical regulation regarding lawnmower noise:

The noise made by a power lawn mower within 100 feet of an occupied dwelling unit shall be deemed to be noises likely to disturb between the hours of 9:00 pm and 7:00 am, between 9:00 pm on a Friday and 9:00 am of the succeeding Saturday, and between 9:00 pm on a Saturday and 12:00 noon of the succeeding Sunday.

I think 9pm is too late to mow. 6-7pm you got the tailend of daylight and its cool enough to mow. Some people get up early to go to work. I get up a 4am for example. While I would not appprove of you cutting your lawn so late, I'd never complain since its only 1x a week and like the other poster said - you got people mowing early in the morning too - but of course most people are not home then.

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
What if it's a nearly silent electric powered reel type mower?

I believe you can figure out the answer, if you think really hard.
48.gif

Having neighbors like smokey has is never fun. Diffusing the situation w/o backing down is often the best thing.

Of course, if you're the more daring and get-back-at-'em type, buy one of these and a pair of sticks, then set your alarm clock for 5am, go outside his bedroom window...

ludwiga3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back