Anyone using Kendall GT1 w/Titanium ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering what kind of feedback is out there on this oil as I often see it on sale for $3.50-3.99 per qt. Possibly considering a switch from Pennzoil Platinum to this oil on the Hondas in the future.

Originally Posted By: fisher83
From what I understand it is a close cousin to Motorcraft and the Trop Arctic syn blends. Should be good stuff.

+1 bingo

Originally Posted By: 05Blazer
Wondering what kind of feedback is out there on this oil as I often see it on sale for $3.50-3.99 per qt. Possibly considering a switch from Pennzoil Platinum to this oil on the Hondas in the future.

Yikes this is sale? At Sam's Trop Artic cost something like 2.38 a quart.

Trop Artic is a regular dino oil, Im talking about Kendall Full synthetic.

Trop artic is a synblend, not a dino.

I'm running the kendall full syn in my truck right now and will have a UOA here in a week. All I know is that that will be the only oil I use from here on out. Excellent oil. Very similar to motorcraft but the kendall has a more stout add pack.

For 3.50/qt I'd stock up on the full syn (gold label) but its hard to find. Most of the kendall that is easily found is the syn blend (red label). Are you sure it is not the synblend you are seeing for that price?

Last edited:
It is excellent oil. Unfortunately my only local source for it stopped carrying Kendall.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: volk06
05Blazer said:
For 3.50/qt I'd stock up on the full syn (gold label) but its hard to find. Most of the kendall that is easily found is the syn blend (red label). Are you sure it is not the synblend you are seeing for that price?

Heck, my WallyWorld has 5 quart jugs of Motorcraft syn blend for $18.33 or $3.67/quart. If the Kendall is a full synthetic for $3.50/quart then that seems like a real good deal.

Whimsey

Trop Artic is a regular dino oil, Im talking about Kendall Full synthetic.

No it is not. But since you are talking about a good synthetic oil go ahead a grab it up.

Kendall is a great oil. I've been using the synthetic blend on my Mazda regularly and love it. Usually use it for 5-6k miles. will be getting a UOA within the next month or so.

Last edited:

05Blazer,

I'm using it in my Dodge SUV right now cuz at PEP BOYS they had 6 quarts left in the warehouse for $4.99/quart sitting on the sale table. For the money it made well and am happy with it.

If you can get it from your local parts store then go for it as it's a fantastic synthetic oil.

Durango

I know someone that uses nothing but that oil and gets it at Auto Zone,,,Flying J truck stops in Ohio have it at a way cheaper price

I bought some cases from a local lubricants distributor...shipped the cases to my doorstep for cheaper than I could buy 0w20 elsewhere...including Walmart.

I use both Kendall's. Buy from Petroleum Service Company. Approx $5.25/qt Full Synthetic and $4.20/qt Synthetic Blend 5W-30 delivered.

Kendall -
thumbsup2.gif
Previous owner used it in my Explorer,and I know other people who use it in their engine building business as well.

We in the future,might be switchin our Crown Vic over to Kendall,as this Mobil Super High Mileage isnt impressing me at all.

I actually use/sell Kendall, I have been using the Full Synthetic gt1 5w20 in my two Mazda and will have a UOA on 5000 miles for you to look at very soon. I just put in a load of 5w20 PP and will be doing a UOA on that as well so that i can compare the two. All in all I, and all of our customers, have been very pleased with all of Kendall and Conoco Philips products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back