Anyone use Michelin Premier A/S and Continental Extreme DWS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing my Mich Premier's, they are too stiff in my 08 TL for a touring tire. Had the Conti DWS on another car in the past. They weren't the sharpest handling (despite being an UHP tire) but the ride quality was excellent which is what I'm after. Has anyone had experience with the DWS 06 and Premier's, how do they compare in noise and ride comfort?

What size tires do you have?
smile.gif

235/45-17

Yeah, a thin sidewall like that might not be able to get you a good ride with any tire. Also, the Premier was just replaced by the Primacy Tour. Bridgestone's Quiet Track is supposed to give you a nicer ride, too. Bridgestone even advertises a "rounder contact patch" to help with this.

You might also like the Dunlop Signature HP

How important is winter performance? Do you use separate tires for the winter?

The Vredestein Quatrac 5 is also worth onsidering. It is a 3-peak all-season tire.

I've had both though at least one set of the Conti were the original version and I do not recall exactly which version was on the TDI.

Contis have a reputation for sidewall damage susceptibility and my experience supports it. I would not choose them if the roads are not well maintained (and from my Chicao experience, though limited I recall them being pretty poor) Other than the side wall issue I like Conti and they would be my second choice in most cases after Michelin, I've also had good service from Yokohama.

I have 2 sets of Premier A/S and they both ride well. I also notice it appears a good number of tires in your size are XL so that may impact ride quality.

I currently have Conti DWS06 staggered sets on my Z3 and 328Ci. I have also used them on a past 2008 Impreza OBS. I find the ride and handling exceptional in dry and rainy weather. I cannot comment on the Michelin's.

Last summer I went from Premier A/S to Conti PureContact LS and have enjoyed them very much.

I am currently running Continental Extreme Contact 245-45-19 tires on my Hyundai Tucson. They offer the best of both worlds. Very quiet, not stiff on my car with a good ride and outstanding handling.
I also run Continental True Contact tires on my SantaFe. I found these tires to be a cut above the Michelins that I used for years. I will never again buy Michelin.

I also went from Premier A/S to PureContact LS. They are similar but are a little better in the snow and ice, and are wearing better than the Michelins. The car didn't slip appreciably this winter.

I have Continental DWS 06 on 4 of my cars...... you can say I approve. 2 are SUV, 2 are cars. My wife loves the change to continentals, made the ride much nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back