Anyone still using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum?

I was using it, but it certainly has priced itself up there. Since I scored QS syn, I´m using that, at nearly half the price of PUP.

Pennzoil was kind enough to ask me if I wanted to participate in a test run of PUP and do 2 UOA's, one for the Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 I had in the 2017 Explorer 2.3EcoBoost. I'm just sending in the PUP sample and hopefully they will send me both UOA's. I'll definitely post it here. I did buy the three 5qt jugs on Amazon for the $72($24/5 qt jug). A little less expensive than the "plain vanilla" Mobil 1 5W-30 at the Walmart near me. It was also much less expensive than buying PUP on Walmart.com.
Interesting that they're comparing M1's ESP line to PUP instead of the Euro L/LX line.

It’s a good oil but price is an issue there are others that match it. I use their Euro variants such as L and LX. Better certifications.

Yes but in 5L jug not gallon ;)

61E835xUYAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I stopped using Pennzoil oils after I saw about 20 different VOA's that show their anemic anti-wear and detergent additive package across all their oils. Also, their oils don't have the GM Dexos 1 Gen 3 approval, which many other oils already have.

I stopped using Pennzoil oils after I saw about 20 different VOA's that show their anemic anti-wear and detergent additive package across all their oils. Also, their oils don't have the GM Dexos 1 Gen 3 approval, which many other oils already have.
So you can determine by eye with a $30 UOA that an oil is subpar, when it costs blenders millions of dollars of equipment and materials to develop and pass standardized tests? Wow.

And also, just because they don’t pay for the dexos license PUP doesn’t mean it doesn’t meet the performance requirements.

Yep. This is true. However, I prefer the 3.5 HTHS rating of the Euros, so I go for those more often than not.

Speaking of, I have to go to CrappyTire and get some fuel stabilizer!
I find way too many reasons to go to that **** store lol. Recently got some of their OEPlus oil on sale and doubled up on some of their offers to get more Canadian Tire Money. $35 for the oil, got 2 jugs and a filter. $22 back in Canadian Tire Money!

Whimsey....

Pennzoil wanted you to pay for two UOAs?
Where did you send the UOAs and who's sending you two UOAs?
I'm confused - but that's nothing new..
No, both UOA were free, the one with the Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 I had in the Explorer and the one with the free PUP. I was asked by Pennzoil to do the test/comparison, which I gladly did. They supplied the PUP and 2 UOA kits for free as part of the test. The UOA is being done by Fluid Analysis Laboratory, Indianapolis.

No, both UOA were free, the one with the Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 I had in the Explorer and the one with the free PUP. I was asked by Pennzoil to do the test/comparison, which I gladly did. They supplied the PUP and 2 UOA kits for free as part of the test. The UOA is being done by Fluid Analysis Laboratory, Indianapolis.
i remember that promo from years ago! Got a case of the pup and 2 testing kits and they sent a second case of pup after i completed the uoas for them. That has to be atleast 8 years ago now when i did that

i remember that promo from years ago! Got a case of the pup and 2 testing kits and they sent a second case of pup after i completed the uoas for them. That has to be atleast 8 years ago now when i did that
My last promo from them --- The Pennzoil Team was April 2021. Got two 5 quart jugs of PUP 5W20 and 2 UOA kits. Luv me some Pennzoil!!!!!

Back