Anyone still into MLB?

I watched the Guardians vs pirates last year at PNC park.. its one of the nicer places and tickets were dirt cheap by Cleveland standards.

I watched the Guardians vs pirates last year at PNC park.. its one of the nicer places and tickets were dirt cheap by Cleveland standards.

Yeah, think PNC PARK still one of top 5 best ballparks for viewing etc.

Diehard Cub fan here. I've come back after a two year hiatus. MLB took a knee and it was a national insult.

1711919715711.jpg

Last edited:
Good Afternoon and I just watched the Pittsburgh Pirates go 4-0. I know, long season but im optimistic. May go to home opener vs Orioles next Friday. Any members still follow Major League Baseball like me? Happy Easter to everyone here. 😍😍
Yeah Go Atlanta! Don't fail me now.

to give you an idea on prices.. we were in great seats first row one section up from the field.... ie 50ft? Behind 3rd base and they were about 10$ more than bleachers at cleveland.
about 40$ all in for 2 tickets
those seats in Cleveland would have been over 60$ 70+ each.(including fees)

MLB has hit it's peak and is slowly meandering its way to insignificance. Was an A's fan for many years until their move. Now I am forced to root for the Mariners as the casual fan that I am.

Well, Giants are king around here, but I am (was) an A's fan. But everytime we get a decent player, we cut 'em loose. Now they are leaving town. Good riddance.

We used to go up to Oakland and sit in the outfield bleachers for $4. "Hey Jose! Tell Esther I'm her superstar!"
Those were the days... Loved to take my Dad up there. Giants are for the sissy's. A's baby!

Don't get me started on the Oakland Traders...

Rooting for the Mariners is just sad.
I am sad.
I can't watch Root sports sad, as not streamed sad.
Looks like they are starting the season 2-2 in a series with BoSox. Not terrible.

They did a walkoff 10 inning win last night, but they just can't raise an offense of much any kind sad.

The Red Sox owners seem to have lost interest in their team, so I have as well.

Last game I went to was the Sox vs Baltimore in Baltimore, got great seats for little money via stub hub.

One reason that the "pitch clock" is stupid.
both agree and disagree.
I think it was unnecessary over 85% of the time.. however the other 5-10% with super slow pitching and near 4 hour games were turds to watch.

Been a Giants fan since I went to my first game in 1965. One of the best seasons was 1993; how do you win 103 games and not win the division? The Braves, that's how.

I took took a break from the SF Giants during the Kapler years.

Pitch clock? MEH. Placing a man on second at the beginning of extra innings? Double MEH. If you can't commit an afternoon because the game is too long, stay home or change the channel.

Yeah but it's a shame the way that baseball is run nowadays. Especially the Pittsburgh Pirates. Get a good player trade them off, make money by trading them off.
And it's not just the franchise here in Pittsburgh but the way that the whole system is designed. There's no incentive for a team to become the top of the leg and try to really go for the pennant. I've gotten so disgusted with the Pittsburgh Pirates letting loose good players when they had them that I've given up on watching their games let alone attending them. When I was a kid I really enjoyed baseball but it was a totally different game back then in the way that it was run. And it's been ruined. Everybody's in it for the dollar, and they want to make that dollar ASAP. They don't plan on Long careers, and the whole game as far as I'm concerned is ruined.

both agree and disagree.
I think it was unnecessary over 85% of the time.. however the other 5-10% with super slow pitching and near 4 hour games were turds to watch.
The problem I have with the pitch clock is that it introduces an artificial constraint on the duel between batter and hitter. Time is a part of that battle.

The Mrs Galt and I watched about 130-140 games a year on TV in 2023. We used to go in to NYC to watch a couple of games in person but the cost of the gas, bridge tolls, roadway tolls and stadium parking has gone over $100/game. You got none of that back if it was a rainout and you made the trip in already. Three hour drive. Tickets were another $100 or more for bad seats, $200 for decent lower level and add in the stadium food and beer and it’s another $40/person. It got to be a case of diminishing returns.

Plus I have become fearful that if I ever had car problems that 1 - the locals would view us as prey and I’m made defenseless in the city and 2 - the cops wouldn’t bother to help me if I needed them because I’m the wrong demographic. Add in the street people around the stadiums hawking stuff and sometimes hawking themselves and it has become too risky.

I liked what the pitch clock did for the pace of the game. I’m not a fan of the runner on second in extra innings, maybe do the runner after the game is still tied after the 12th inning as reasonable compromise.

Absolutely still into it. My team despite being in Virginia is the San Diego Padres. Second favorite is Milwaukee Brewers. I’ve been to three MLB games so far. My favorite park I visited was definitely PNC Park. Second Great American ballpark and the third which was meh was Citi Field. This summer going to Camden Yards for Padres @ Orioles and going to Padres @ Nationals too the same week. I’m excited for both of them as well as the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum in Baltimore. Still have to get tickets and hotel. Nervous about visiting Baltimore but we will do it. I watch most of the games on TV if we are home. This year is my first year of streaming so it’s nice to have out of market games too. The main things I haven’t been a fan of is pitch clock and universal DH. One of the most fun things of the game was seeing the pitcher bat. In my opinion every player on the field should bat. That’s my only really big annoyance with the NL now.

Last edited:
Back