Anyone in Northeast Florida? Think about moving there, until reading about the Alligators, How bad?

I had an alligator chase me off a water hole on a course in Ft Meyers. They can move fast in short bursts, dam thing came out of the water fast! Anyway, we chased it down and ran over it with our golf cart.

Seriously though.. You wouldn't want to swim in any body of water they populate. Muddy, swampy, stagnant stinky stuff.. Normally.

I've been to Florida at least 10 times, to both the east and west coast. I've been fishing in rivers and swamps by boat a few, in perfect alligator habitat and I've yet to see one.
If you're lucky and have a pool come home to an 8 footer swimming in it. They taste like chicken.

If you're lucky and have a pool come home to an 8 footer swimming in it. They taste like chicken.
Hangup in Apopka Florida till eighth grade. Gators
was protected species back then and you had to know where to find them. I move to Carson City Nevada after that. My brother stayed there and they made a big comeback he said the tannic acid from the orange groves screws with her vwith their brains and they became more aggressively than salt water crocs. Never heard that from anyone else.

Back