Anyone ever moved a vehicle that's in your way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to realize the person who is doing this sees nothing wrong with their behavior.
(All the people who think it's wrong are not doing it. So, what's left are people who
see nothing wrong. And, you do. So, you need to stop dealing with it on your own
terms of morality or whatever the correct word is for it and deal with it on his terms.
For instance, remember GHT's rant? Not my problem, the other person's problem.)

Is the most you're willing to do is make a cellphone video and post it on youtube?
Go for it (make sure to hold the camera in landscape mode though), it'll help you with your
anger.
Anything more, don't discuss it on a public forum.

Nope, not touching someone else's vehicle if I don't know them. Has anyone that has done this seen the youtube videos of people who got caught doing this by the vehicle's owner? Usually not a good outcome, and you never know what other people are capable of.

If it's in the way, get it towed. Not worth getting assaulted or shot by some crazy.

Making a person wait 20 minutes is beyond rude. Its absolutely a slap in the face. I wouldn't tolerate that behavior with EXTREME prejudice.

I cant say exactly what my response would be without being there, but I can guarantee there would be a lot of yelling and screaming, and then the guy moving his truck or me moving it for him.

Do you have the phone # of the storage owner? Send them pics with a complaint. You are dealing with an idiot, so he probably will only understand blunt force trauma.

If the keys are in or if the doors unlocked whilst on a hill you take the initiative and move it yourself.
If towing is not an option as in this instance then based on the persons responses you can either charm them into moving or force them into moving.
Waiting isn't really an option tbh..

I had a similar experience a few years ago.
I live in an apt building with underground parking (roughly 30 or so spots underground). One day my SO and I were on our way out, just to find a beat up Kia in the ONLY enterance/exit. It was parked there, locked, and left without a note. We waited for several minutes for the owner to show up, to which they didn't. Then another tennant showed up also trying to get his Toyota FJ out. He was also unable to. We then decided to contact the landlord who was out of the city for the weekend who gave us the OK to call a tow truck. Once it arrived, the driver refused to tow it until the landlord or someone else with authority gave the go ahead (none of us had that authority).

Finally, due to the commotion the owner showed up not sure what the big deal was (he was visiting his kids and didnt' see a problem blocking the only entrance). After some loud shouting at close range from me to him, he promptly got into his vehicle and moved it. His kids who were close to my age apologized profusely, but I didnt' want to hear any of it.
mad.gif

true story

I can admit, now that the statue of limitations is up, in college I had a party and was complaining about the car that was parked in my units marked spot for months without moving, apparently broke down and abandoned. 15 guys picked up the car, carried it over to a field and placed it nose down in the dirt with the rear propped up against a tree.

People just don't care about anyone but themselves anymore...someone hit my wife's new van the other day while she was in the store...didn't leave a note or anything, they just left...now we're stuck paying the deductible to get it fixed (which is only $250), but still, we have to go through the hassle of having to leave it at the body shop, get a rental car, etc...

Some individuals, make that many individuals, don't have one iota of regard for the rights of others.The only thing they do understand is having to pay out $$$ for the inconvenience they cause others. Symptomatic of a sick,ME society.

Many of us are quick to anger and quick to resort to violence. Add the sense of entitlement or mild sociopathy prevalent today to the mix and the outcome isn't pretty. Even if the other party is totally in the wrong with regard to parking habits damaging property or assaulting the other party will still land you in court or in jail.

Is there such a thing as a global "chill pill?"

Could it be the same guy that blocked the driveway you were trying to access with your lawn equipment and you had to park down the street? You got really angry with him too. It was a few months back.....or about 900 posts ago....
27.gif

I have a specific parking spot at work. We pay nearly $60K per month to the company and for that, we get 3 dedicated, covered parking spots in a very small lot.

Transient pilots would park in my spot, leave for weeks and force me to park 1/2 mile away. So I started moving their cars via a floor jack. It was easy, and solved the problem.

In college there was a convertible parked in my numbered reserved spot. Not wanting the person to have to pay for a tow and storage, I unlatched the top reaching through a gap, put the car in neutral, and pushed it into the aisle, not blocking it, nor blocking anyone in. I then restored it to it's original locked condition.

At an Air Force Base someone was parked in my assigned car pool slot in a rental car without permanent base registration - no way to trace the driver, and no way to make a ticket stick. I put a note under the wiper notifying him/her of the fact they were in a reserved space and not to park there again. Firm, but not mean nor threatening. When I went back to the space after lunch the rental car had been moved, but had returned to my space. My note was gone. Evidently the driver knew a ticket could not be forthcoming. I then proceeded to let the driver know that I believed his time was not more important than mine by removing most of the air from 2 of his tires, and writing the next note (rather notes) on his windshield, side windows and rear window in grease pencil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back