Anyone eat at Costco on vacation?

When we go to Florida to visit family, there is a big shopping center with a Bass Pro and a Costco. My aunt doesn't have a Costco membership so we will take her and while she shops I usually grab something to eat. She is all about eating at home and saving money, but when I am on vacation I don't care about that.

I have to admit that we ate lunch one time at the Costco on Maui.
We were driving out of the Maui airport and there was a Costco right in front of us. We stopped and loaded up on food and wine for the week we had in a condo. They have the greatest fresh seafood there.

When we go to Florida to visit family, there is a big shopping center with a Bass Pro and a Costco. My aunt doesn't have a Costco membership so we will take her and while she shops I usually grab something to eat. She is all about eating at home and saving money, but when I am on vacation I don't care about that.
Ft Myers?

If I'm on vacation in San Fransisco, I'm not going to say, let's eat at the nearest Costco instead of finding something at the Fishermans Wharf.
I think that is great way to put it. Not sure if they have any of their old deli's left, but there were some really great Italian delis in the city, just get something there.

Give #vavaraoom a call. Man who eats really well, if you are honored he will cook for you, or at least give you a great recommendation. Threats with pictures not needed.

I saw it mentioned in a guidebook on Hawaii. But I’ve certainly had my share of Costco on trips to Southern California and Washington. I know what I’m getting and it’s cheap. Last trip to Redwood National Park we stopped for a snack at the Costco in Ukiah, had a pepperoni pizza at the Costco in Eureka, and hot dogs on the way home in Redding. We thought the pizza was a bit too salty in Eureka and decided to skip it the next night.
I don’t eat at Costco when I am home, so, honestly, it never occurred to me to stop by there when on vacation. I shop there, and my wife shops there a lot, but the food court, or whatever it is called just isn’t my cup of tea. This idea fascinates me, I would never have considered it.

I wouldn't mine seeing food windows in other Costcos as the one in mine appears to be run "disinterestedly".

There's always a static, disorganized looking crowd of 5-10 people clotted around a electronic pay terminal and a corresponding gang at the pick-up window.
Given what appears to be a very limited menu, the operation should be smoother.

Grab a dog on a whim? ..sure, but not if it involves crowds and delays.

I wouldn't mine seeing food windows in other Costcos as the one in mine appears to be run "disinterestedly".

There's always a static, disorganized looking crowd of 5-10 people clotted around a electronic pay terminal and a corresponding gang at the pick-up window.
Given what appears to be a very limited menu, the operation should be smoother.

Grab a dog on a whim? ..sure, but not if it involves crowds and delays.
This and look at the fitness of the people eating that junk.

I have a Costco membership from another household member but I do my best not to need anything from them because the one closest to me is essentially a zoo, especially the gas station. Not worth the headache of dealing with not so great, brain dead people.

I shop at Costco and occasionally grab a piece of pizza but not often and it would not be on my list of places to eat, ditto Mcdonalds, BK, Wendys, etc. It is all junk food. I do eat at diners where the food is fresh and decent, when I go to Worcester MA which is a couple of times a week I go to the Miss Worcester diner. The best food and great prices, good customers and a original 40's atmosphere, one of my favorites.

worcester.jpg

miss worcester.jpg

I shop at Costco and occasionally grab a piece of pizza but not often and it would not be on my list of places to eat, ditto Mcdonalds, BK, Wendys, etc. It is all junk food. I do eat at diners where the food is fresh and decent, when I go to Worcester MA which is a couple of times a week I go to the Miss Worcester diner. The best food and great prices, good customers and a original 40's atmosphere, one of my favorites.

View attachment 199803
View attachment 199804
Looking at the white board that is not yer sticks diner.

Nice prices and great line up!!

I wouldn't eat at Costco on vacation. It's a vacation and part of the fun is going out to eat. I can see where someone might do that to save a little money though. Things are so expensive in today's world of inflation.

View attachment 199803
View attachment 199804

My favorite kind of place. Nostalgic, delicious and affordable too. You have good taste, Trav!

Back