Anyone eat at Costco on vacation?

I saw it mentioned in a guidebook on Hawaii. But I’ve certainly had my share of Costco on trips to Southern California and Washington. I know what I’m getting and it’s cheap. Last trip to Redwood National Park we stopped for a snack at the Costco in Ukiah, had a pepperoni pizza at the Costco in Eureka, and hot dogs on the way home in Redding. We thought the pizza was a bit too salty in Eureka and decided to skip it the next night.

Probably about the cheapest eats available on a road trip I imagine. I do like their hot dogs. Pizza not so much. Bargain for the traveler after spending 2-3 hundred a night on hotels and 5 bucks a gallon on gasoline. (California)

Sure, if we happen to be there shopping while on a road trip. It certainly isn't "destination" cuisine for us on a road trip but if we are there, yeah no problem. I do like the hotdogs and $1.50 for a pop and a hotdog is also very fine.

Probably about the cheapest eats available on a road trip I imagine. I do like their hot dogs. Pizza not so much. Bargain for the traveler after spending 2-3 hundred a night on hotels and 5 bucks a gallon on gasoline. (California)
If you can afford to spend $300/nt on a hotel and a trip plus gas, you can afford to spend $20-30/pp at a halfway decent restaurant

same as getting gas. if there is one on the route of our trip i will make a concious effort to stop and get gas and a snack

Gas and food supplies yes, dining no.

The sales stats on the Costco warehouses adjacent to Kahului and Kona airports, to name two, might be interesting.

First stop upon arrival is to stock up, before heading to the vacation rental.

[QUOTE="I If you can afford to spend $300/nt on a hotel and a trip plus gas, you can afford to spend $20-30/pp at a halfway decent restaurant
[/QUOTE]
Yup. We're foodies, so a big part of our vacations is to sample good restaurants wherever we go. Plus, we don't eat fast food when at home, so why would we start when on vacation?

I have never, but now that you mention it - I suppose if your going right by why not. Its no worse than the other fast food joints, and a lot cheaper.

I do try to avoid fast food like the plague, but sometimes its what you gotta do.

Back