Any USA made front control arms for Saturn Vue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted By: atikovi
Yea, that's the AC Delco arm I ordered from Rock for $100.

No, it isn't.

ACDelco has three product lines: GM Original Equipment, which is exactly what it sounds like, the actual OE parts. Rock Auto does sell the GM Original equipment for most parts, but not all of them.

Then they have the Professional line, which is midgrade aftermarket parts like the one you got.

And finally, the Advantage line is a cheap economy line.

Regardless, the one you got looks decent, and I hope it gives you good service life
smile.gif

The one you said to check out IS the Professional line which is what I got. Same part number. The OEM part, different parts number, see #22 at: https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/s...trimLevel=25923 would be nearly $200 for just the arm and ball joint.

The oem part you referenced in the diagram will include the front and rear bushings. Notice the control arm is identified in the diagrame with #22 and there is also a #22 with the bushings. That means they are included with the control arm assembly.

The part looks well made and well finished, truth be told the new OE part may well be made in China so the one you got may be better anyway, made in Taiwan is usually a step up in quality over Chinese. As long as it takes an alignment okay I don't see a problem.

Edit: Make sure to tighten the rear bushing bolt with the weight of the vehicle on it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Edit: Make sure to tighten the rear bushing bolt with the weight of the vehicle on it.

Put a jack under the wheel hub to raise car off the jack stand and then tightened it. Do I grease the ball joints now or are they good to go from the factory?

Grease it now, they are not serviced lubed only enough to prevent corrosion. Greasing requires the boot be in the installed position, if they did it at the factory there is the possibility of blowing the boot when it compresses or not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back