Mevotech Suspension Parts, Any Good?

Looking at a computer monitor can be deceiving. You've clearly never purchased them or seen the part(s) in person if that's your conclusion.
Can you elaborate? I'd love to know of significant differences, can you compare two specific parts TTX and supreme (for same vehicle placement) and point them out to me?

Hmm, so it might be worth the hassle of just replacing the joints and bushings on the old stuff. Was trying to go the easy route and just replace the whole lot. I think a cheap Harbor Freight press and new joints and bushings might still be cheaper. Thanks for the heads up!
Definitely worth doing OE bushing if available in the original arms, I rather do that any day than use low rent parts.

I'm quite wary of using Mevotech suspension parts as I had a lower ball joint fail after 9 months on a new Mevotech Supreme lower control arm. Very disappointing for their better line of parts, they do offer a lifetime warranty but replacing a LCA a second time isn't a good time.

The brand's been around a decade or more so they can't be total trash.

If it makes you feel any better, Rockauto has various TREs and Ball joints for $4 plus shipping.

I seem to recall using their LCA in a saturn S-series I flipped. Car needed an alignment afterwards but I expect that with any part replacement.

Can you elaborate? I'd love to know of significant differences, can you compare two specific parts TTX and supreme (for same vehicle placement) and point them out to me?
I can only compare to the OEM parts that the TTX line replaced. As noted in my earlier post, they are significantly beefier in every way. On the metal rod for the sway bar end links, they're at least 50-100% thicker and the ball & socket was larger also. For the outer tie rod ends, there was no comparison-- the actual joint end (ball & socket) was much larger than the OEM part to a huge degree. I don't have the wheels off my Pacifica at the moment (too cold outside for that), otherwise I'd love to take a picture because the difference is that striking. I felt like I was putting truck parts on my medium size crossover. The weight difference between OEM was substantial.

I should note that I'm just as skeptical as you are! Thicker metal, bigger joints are not always indicative of quality. I bought the TTX stuff because it was only a few bucks more for my application than the regular Mevo Supreme and other brands and I was curious. The quality attribute remains to be seen; the factory parts lasted some 12 years, so it will be that many years before I can be of any help judging actual quality and durability versus the OEM part. If my experience with aftermarket stuff is any guide, it won't last as long as OEM, but I'm hopeful given the sturdy construction that it will last as long as I own the vehicle. The silicone boots they use I've already had a problem with, as I split one on the outer tie rod end while lowering the vehicle-- it was at and odd angle (as they often are with the car in the air) and pinched the boot upon lowering-- that failure would not have happened with regular rubber. But a quick E-mail to Mevotech and they sent a replacement boot no questions asked. I've been more careful since.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I had to correct the suggestion that these are Supreme (or similar) parts with a fancy paint job. Completely different manufacturing, in fact the sway bar end link stems are hexagonal (or octagon) in shape, instead of round, for better or worse. Completely different than Mevotech Supreme and OEM. Same goes for the outer tie rod ends, there's obviously been some engineering / extra cost (more than just paint!) put into these, at least for my application. Whether that equates to a better part, I'll tell you in 12 years :) or if the parts fail sooner.

Last edited:
Speaking of the devil - I installed a pair of Mevotech front lower control arms onto the '08 Camry that I have been working on. CMS86181 and CMS86182 are the two part numbers. Mevotech decided to consolidate too many applications into one, and as a result, these arms contain an extra bracket (circled) that will interfere with the passenger side tie rod IF you turn the steering wheel lock-to-lock while the vehicle is off the ground.

Further research suggests this bracket is necessary for a leveling sensor on the 04-06 RX330 with air suspension only.

All other control arms (OE and aftermarket) for the '08 Camry do not contain this bracket.

For now, I just flattened the bracket with a punch and hammer.

Mevotech Tech Support said they were unaware of this issue and advised replacing the arms with OE. :rolleyes:

On a positive note, these arms do fit the ball joint connection a bit more tightly than the Moog arms they replaced. And the bushings do seem to be softer and a closer match to OE.

Attachments

• 5D93B8EE-134F-446C-BE63-7AE78E1F78AB.jpeg
    5D93B8EE-134F-446C-BE63-7AE78E1F78AB.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 166
Speaking of the devil - I installed a pair of Mevotech front lower control arms onto the '08 Camry that I have been working on. CMS86181 and CMS86182 are the two part numbers. Mevotech decided to consolidate too many applications into one, and as a result, these arms contain an extra bracket (circled) that will interfere with the passenger side tie rod IF you turn the steering wheel lock-to-lock while the vehicle is off the ground.

Further research suggests this bracket is necessary for a leveling sensor on the 04-06 RX330 with air suspension only.

All other control arms (OE and aftermarket) for the '08 Camry do not contain this bracket.

For now, I just flattened the bracket with a punch and hammer.

Mevotech Tech Support said they were unaware of this issue and advised replacing the arms with OE. :rolleyes:

On a positive note, these arms do fit the ball joint connection a bit more tightly than the Moog arms they replaced. And the bushings do seem to be softer and a closer match to OE.

Ooof, that's terrible. It's looking like I might go with Delphi for most of everything instead. I was wondering why these parts are still available; it seems it shares suspension with the Sebring, Avenger of the same era. Works in my favor I guess!

The Mevotech standard/original grade parts are absolute ****, you can just tell by looking at them they are the cheapest Chinese of the cheap parts (btw calling them “original grade” is a insult to OEMs worldwide as a used and defective OEM part for a car made in India would be far superior). Do yourself and anyone that might ride in your vehicle a favor by not using this garbage. That said in my experience the Mevotech Supreme are the exact opposite they are super high quality and usually cheaper than MOOG but not lower quality (Sometimes higher quality) after thousands of miles I’ve yet to have one wear out let alone fail. I understand it but can’t say for certain all the Mevotech Supreme parts are made in Canada not China which is as good as American made, I’m very impressed with Mevotech Supreme and completely disgusted with Mevotech standard/original grade. It amazes me that a company could put their name on such completely different products.

I completely rebuilt the front end in my son’s Navigator a little over a year ago. Thanks to supply shortages, I had to use parts from several manufacturers, including Moog PS and genuine Ford parts. I had to use a Mevotech lower control arm on one side. I inspected the parts a few months later and the ball joint boot was completely torn on that brand only. That cheap part got to be a very expensive part.

Interesting you mention the boot. In the last few years I've changed the ball joints on some late 90's Dodge minivans. All of the ball joints were original and had lasted 12- 20 years and 180,000 - 210,000 miles. I consider this quite good. I took the time to examine the last one I changed. What I noticed was the ball joint still had grease in it from the factory [ no grease nipple ]. The boot was larger than the boot on the mevotech I replaced it with, and was still very well sealed from the elements. I had to pry it from the suspension arm as if it was originally glued to that surface.
Perhaps this is the secret.

I completely rebuilt the front end in my son’s Navigator a little over a year ago. Thanks to supply shortages, I had to use parts from several manufacturers, including Moog PS and genuine Ford parts. I had to use a Mevotech lower control arm on one side. I inspected the parts a few months later and the ball joint boot was completely torn on that brand only. That cheap part got to be a very expensive part.
What Trav said.

I've given up on Mevotech products. Goodyear refused to do an alignment on my vehicle as there was too much play in the ball joints. They were Mevotechs with 50k on them. I took the car home and jacked it up to verify. Sure enough, there was all kind of play in these worn out Mevotechs
I know this is an older thread, don't jump my butt please.
What grade mevotech were we talking here though?

My experiance is Honda-centric, but I've found that their bushings are far too soft.

I don't want to duplicate the post here, so here is a link to the mess that is the Mevotech LCA's on Honda/Acura

I'm still using the arms, but with OEM Honda compliance bushings. The smaller bushings seem to be fine, but they missed the mark on the larger ones.
Again now was this the standard mevotech, the supreme mevotech, or the TTX mevotech?
I didn't read your prior post just yet maybe it's defined in there?

Back