CRV Needs Control Arms/ Brands

The CRV is in need of new control arms, at Rock Auto the usual suspects are Delphi, Moog, AC Delco Gold, Mevotech and Beck/ Arnley.

The current one's are Moog's from about 2009-2010 but it seems the latest Moog's are not as good.

I'd lean toward B/A but even they can't always be trusted these days. If it's China COO I'm not sure it's better than anything else

The CRV is in need of new control arms, at Rock Auto the usual suspects are Delphi, Moog, AC Delco Gold, Mevotech and Beck/ Arnley.

The current one's are Moog's from about 2009-2010 but it seems the latest Moog's are not as good.
If the current LCAs are Moog's Problem Solver line, they have a lifetime warranty. I'm not sure what you need to do to redeem that warranty, but I'd research that option before shelling out money for replacements.

I’ve had very good luck with the mid and upper tier Mevotech products. I put some Mevotech Supreme control arms on the rear of my old Ford C-Max. They have 60K on the arms at this point and still going good.

Beck Arnley or OEM. Was just saying the other day that I’m done with any other brands for suspension parts. They almost all fail in short order.
The car is 20 years old and OEM control arms are kind of silly price. The big plus labor is a cup coffee or few beers

That might change things then. If labor is cheap and/or the part is easy to replace, it might be worth it to take the chance on a cheaper part. Maybe 😬
I am not looking to buy the Ebay specials but something good at a not so crazy price

Everything Moog I run across and install in the shop has been very high quality.
I’ll put this out there. There are companies that have been trying improve their products over time, but only by reporting back can folks have any faith in what’s going on. Time flies, and I’m wondering it some input is coming from over 20 years ago. “ I’ll never use those guys again”, only to find out that experience was from something they installed when they were an apprentice mechanic.

Most shade tree mechanics do not do enough lower control arms get have a chance to evaluate different brands. Another issues is that I would avoid items from Rock Auto’s “Economy” section and stick to items from their “ Daily Driver” section.

The other problem is that once a vehicle is out the door the mechanic does not see it again until there is a return. There used to be plenty of negative comments on Moog but perhaps it’s better in the last 10 years, especially with the problem solver line. I personally have no complaints on the Mevotech Supreme line from a few years ago. Maybe we need a thread such as “ Report back on your control arm installation.” ;)

Last edited:
I found the CTR control arms only at Amazon, would you take the chance of buying these.

Price are slightly higher than the Delphi from Rock Auto

Yeah, I'd use them :)

If it says sold and shipped by CTR Auto Parts, it is safe to buy them from Amazon since it's coming direct from CTR.

Back