Rear Lower Control Arms - 1997 Honda Civic

JC1

I need to get new Rear lower control Arms for the 1997 Civic.

The other post here details the issues I have with bolts that are seized in and need to be sawzall'd out.

I like to get the parts before I actually start the disassembly. Looking at my choices on Rockauto.

Choices are:
  • ULTRA-POWER RK641202
  • SKP SK521837
  • Moog RK641202
  • ACDELCO 45D10614
  • BECK/ARNLEY 1026010
  • DELPHI TC2941

I know Moog's are considered garbage, but I listed them as one of the choices. What would you guys use?

Changing these would be an easy job if the factory would never-seize the bolts where they go through the bushings. On an old car with a limited life expectancy and with parts that are not too terrible to swap out, I would choose an economy part.

Changing these would be an easy job if the factory would never-seize the bolts where they go through the bushings. On an old car with a limited life expectancy and with parts that are not too terrible to swap out, I would choose an economy part.

I don't mind spending more, might check Honda OEM, but I'm sure in Canada they will be crazy on the prices. Had to get some caliper bolts for the car a few weeks ago and Honda didn't have any in Canada, on back order until Mid October at the earliest.

If I was given those options, I'd probably go with AC Delco. It's probably six in one hand, half dozen in the other. Ultra Power can sometimes be Chinese junk or relabeled good stuff. I've had decent luck even with their cheaper suspension components, I think they run as good as the cheaper Moogs and other brands available. Usually get a few years out of them.

I need to get new Rear lower control Arms for the 1997 Civic.

The other post here details the issues I have with bolts that are seized in and need to be sawzall'd out.

I like to get the parts before I actually start the disassembly. Looking at my choices on Rockauto.

Choices are:
  • ULTRA-POWER RK641202
  • SKP SK521837
  • Moog RK641202
  • ACDELCO 45D10614
  • BECK/ARNLEY 1026010
  • DELPHI TC2941

I know Moog's are considered garbage, but I listed them as one of the choices. What would you guys use?

Go with the BECK/ARNLEY there is a chance at getting reboxed OE parts, if not the quality will be at least as good as all the others listed.

Reactions: JC1
Back