Control Arm - brands

Ndx

Hi Friends,

Any suggestions on brands for control arms.

Suspensia ( Never heard of them )
Delphi
Moog
Mevotech
Acdelco
Doorman
Uro
Lemforder ( availability issues )
BMW OE ( availability issues )

I have capability to press in and press out hydraulic bushing, but new arm comes with ball joint, so It makes more sense to refresh it.

Lemforder OEM and BMW OE - are obviously good choice but not available immediately.

Thank you

Last edited:
I'm a big Moog fan! I think lemfdorfer is the OE for BMW, right? I know both my BMW's were tough on the bushings. I've never heard of anyone using moog bushings on their European cars, might as well be the first!

Reactions: Ndx
Bite the bullet and wait for the BMW OE from an online dealer, there is no guarantee Lemforder is OE anymore. I have 2 cars up waiting for OE parts, it sucks but going through the junk parts fiaso sucks even more. The rest of the stuff on that list is trash.

Bite the bullet and wait for the BMW OE from an online dealer, there is no guarantee Lemforder is OE anymore. I have 2 cars up waiting for OE parts, it sucks but going through the junk parts fiaso sucks even more. The rest of the stuff on that list is trash.
Yeah, I think I might pickup bushings from dealer and press them out after all.

Thank you

I'm a big Moog fan! I think lemfdorfer is the OE for BMW, right? I know both my BMW's were tough on the bushings. I've never heard of anyone using moog bushings on their European cars, might as well be the first!
Yeah I did hear a lot positive about Moog but not for EU cars.

I have Moog on my Honda and they have been fine.

Mevotech. Depending on the design of the suspension, they get a do not recommend from me. In the Honda J-Series configuration, their compliance bushing is entirely too soft and causes massive tire wear issues. Whether that carries across their line? No idea.

Hi Friends,

Any suggestions on brands for control arms.

Suspensia ( Never heard of them )
Delphi
Moog
Mevotech
Acdelco
Doorman
Uro
Lemforder ( availability issues )
BMW OE ( availability issues )

I have capability to press in and press out hydraulic bushing, but new arm comes with ball joint, so It makes more sense to refresh it.

Lemforder OEM and BMW OE - are obviously good choice but not available immediately.

Thank you
If the ball joints are good I would install new bushings.

If they're hydraulic I would install poly.

If the ball joints are good I would install new bushings.

If they're hydraulic I would install poly.
Ball Joints are healthy … under 100k km on car still.

I’m not sure if I want to sacrifice the ride quality withy poly, I do like idea of them being more durable

Ball Joints are healthy … under 100k km on car still.

I’m not sure if I want to sacrifice the ride quality withy poly, I do like idea of them being more durable
I've never noticed much of a difference.

Subframe, engine, and transmission mounts are a different story.

Mevotech has three lines. The mid line is Mecotech Supreme which are also sold by Napa CANADA as their top line. I have two years on a set of upper control arms on a 2011 Chev 1500 4x4. So far so good.

FE28F3B7-0727-412D-A98A-9269EE2559FE.jpg

The Delphi parts are made in Turkey and probably made by Disa/Deeza. That would probably be my choice since CTR and Sankei/555 don't make them for your BMW.

My local tire/suspension shop installed Moog thrust arms on my E34. The shop owner, whom I trust, said they're the same parts sold under the TRW label. I believe TRW has been a BMW supplier, and I know it supplied parts to Mercedes. Shop gave a lifetime parts & labor warranty. They're holding up fine so far.

Moog manufactures OE tie rod ends for some companies but they in no way similar to the crap they sell in retail stores. BMW, MB, etc going to have some higher specs.

Back