Any 2 Euro oils you guys would like to see a VOA for?

Hi.
It is very decent of you to make the offer. Thank you.

How about a Petronas offering? They are one of the big players now and i presume supply Mercedes. Certainly enough sponsoring of the F1 AMG team. I do not think i have ever seen an analysis.

Another one is the Ravenol as suggested above. They seem to make a big thing about the POA content. Maybe nice to see just what is in there.

Yeah for sure.

I haven't heard of Petronas before. I'm in Texas, USA so I'm pretty limited as to what is available.

I was considering Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 (has the VW 504 approval) for the first sample and the Mobil 1 ESP X2 0W20 (VW 508 approval). I can get Ravenol through blauparts here in the US. Is there a particular Ravenol you were thinking of? Vollsynth Turbo seems to be a popular one but I think that already has a VOA.

Yeah for sure.

I haven't heard of Petronas before. I'm in Texas, USA so I'm pretty limited as to what is available.

I was considering Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 (has the VW 504 approval) for the first sample and the Mobil 1 ESP X2 0W20 (VW 508 approval). I can get Ravenol through blauparts here in the US. Is there a particular Ravenol you were thinking of? Vollsynth Turbo seems to be a popular one but I think that already has a VOA.
Please do this comparison! This would hopefully answer some of the "new" 508 questions! Did I mention that this is the best one to do?

Please do this comparison! This would hopefully answer some of the "new" 508 questions! Did I mention that this is the best one to do?

Alright, I'll do it. I already ordered the ESP X2 0W20 through summit racing. I'll need to find a local store to find the ESP 5W30. That's proving harder to find than the ESP X2!

Not to worry folks I'll do more once I get these two out.

Yeah for sure.

Hi
Sorry, i presumed Petronas would be a big player in American market. They own the Selenia brand also so are the fluids that fiat chrysler use over here.

Should you look at a Ravenol product in the future i am not sure which one would best suit the forum. Here is a list of the PAO oils they offer.

Looking forward to the 5w-30 ESP as that is a C3 oil with MB229.52.

Thanks.

Looking forward to the 5w-30 ESP as that is a C3 oil with MB229.52.

Thanks.

Here's comments on 5W-30 ESP from oil-club.ru
Translated to English.

1) SAE requirements the oil easily passes - it can be safely called 5W-30
2) Viscosity at 100C = 11.94 cSt - a typical indicator for 5w30 C3 oils
3) Low viscosity index = 164 - indicates a base oil based on PAO
4) Base number = 6.46 - a typical indicator for oils with a tolerance of 504/507
5) Acid number = 2.22 - too high for a low ash pan.
6) Ash content = 0.68% - more than meets the requirements of C3 and approvals, which require
7) Pour point = -46C - suggests that we have real synthetics
8) Very high t flash = 250C - indicates good thermal stability of this product and loudly hints at PAO
9) Viscosity of simulated cold scrolling (CCS) at -30C = 5033 mPas - with a margin overlaps with the SAE requirement
10) Volatility NOACK = 5.6% - not has analogues among its kind and has a good resemblance to t flash
11) Protective package based on ZDDP (and the amount of Phosphorus and Zinc is at the level of ash pan) + organic Molybdenum (reduces friction and saves fuel at the same time) + Boron compounds are possible
12) Salicylate-based washing package Calcium + Boron succinimide, thanks to which TBN is kept at a sufficient level despite the low content of Calcium
13) The oxidation parameter tells us that the oil contains esters as a base component

Conclusion: we have almost the best ACEA C3 oil and one of the best in general. The oil is made on the basis of Hydrocracking + PAO + Ester with a modern multifunctional additive package rich in elements. It has excellent low-temperature, protective and detergent properties. It contains little ash and sulfur. For vehicles with modern multi-stage catalysts and particulate filters - one of the best candidates for filling. In terms of performance, this oil consistently shows low wear. But there is a small nuance: the base number sits down rather quickly, which in no way diminishes the other advantages of this product, but serves as a formal reason for an earlier replacement.

Translated to English.

4) Base number = 6.46 - a typical indicator for oils with a tolerance of 504/507
6) Ash content = 0.68% - more than meets the requirements of C3 and approvals, which require
8) Very high t flash = 250C - indicates good thermal stability of this product and loudly hints at PAO
9) Viscosity of simulated cold scrolling (CCS) at -30C = 5033 mPas - with a margin overlaps with the SAE requirement
10) Volatility NOACK = 5.6% - not has analogues among its kind and has a good resemblance to t flash
11) Protective package based on ZDDP (and the amount of Phosphorus and Zinc is at the level of ash pan) + organic Molybdenum (reduces friction and saves fuel at the same time) + Boron compounds are possible
12) Salicylate-based washing package Calcium + Boron succinimide, thanks to which TBN is kept at a sufficient level despite the low content of Calcium
13) The oxidation parameter tells us that the oil contains esters as a base component

Conclusion: we have almost the best ACEA C3 oil and one of the best in general. The oil is made on the basis of Hydrocracking + PAO + Ester with a modern multifunctional additive package rich in elements. It has excellent low-temperature, protective and detergent properties. It contains little ash and sulfur. For vehicles with modern multi-stage catalysts and particulate filters - one of the best candidates for filling. In terms of performance, this oil consistently shows low wear. But there is a small nuance: the base number sits down rather quickly, which in no way diminishes the other advantages of this product, but serves as a formal reason for an earlier replacement.

Hi.
Thank you for posting this. I appreciate it.

Translated to English.

Thank you for posting this! I will find something else to find the second slot then. One slot is for Mobil 1 ESP X2 0W20. I'll look into one of those ravenol oils I was looking at earlier.

STP Euro 5W-40 (Auto Zone)
Valvoline Euro 5W-40 (Advance Auto Parts)

Thanks 😊

I have a VOA or the Valvoline 5w40 MST, which was the name before it changed to European Vehicle. Unless the formulas changed.

I can look into the STP Euro though. Plenty of Autozones around me.

The Mobil 1 ESP X2 0W20 sample is in the mail! Hope to see results in a week or two. The oil is green!

Back