Any 2 Euro oils you guys would like to see a VOA for?

Long story short, I'm bored. I work from home (and have been since march) and want something to do that will spark some conversation. I have 2 blackstone sample containers left so I'd be willing to pay for 2 oil analysis (with TBN).

So BITOG, tell me, what 2 euro oils would you guys like to see VOA'd? Preferably an oil that hasn't already been VOA'd recently and one that I can get in the US.

How about some MB 229.71 oils? There's only one Mobil ESP x2 0w20 out there.

Triax Euro Ultra VX 5W-30!
Where can I find it in the US?

Napa has Liqui-Moly, so pick two of those :)

Any particular liqui moly?

How about some MB 229.71 oils? There's only one Mobil ESP x2 0w20 out there.

Are you saying the Mobil ESP or any from the list? i'm confused

VW 508 00/509 00 approved one:
25-50% PAO
~10 USD/L here in Taiwan

Castrol EDGE Professional LL IV FE 0W-20

Already has a VOA

Are you saying the Mobil ESP or any from the list? i'm confused
Any from that list that would be readily available in the US and the cheapest. There's some Castrol out there. I was just being very specific about the Mobil 1 oil, there are many Mobil 1 0w20 out there, but only one has that MB 229.71 spec.

Like my old boss at O’Reilly said when I bought a can of Pentosin CHF 11S (with his strong Virginia accent), “What the heck is that stuff?”

Haha

My boss is similar, we have a local German specialty store which carries Fuchs, Total, LM and Motul. He needed some oil for a customer and looked through them and was like... I don't know what any of this is :unsure::ROFLMAO:. He then ordered Castrol from a different place.

Like my old boss at O’Reilly said when I bought a can of Pentosin CHF 11S (with his strong Virginia accent), “What the heck is that stuff?”
That's why I threw it out there. I'm curious. "Meets or exceeds" but has an HTHS too low for formal approval. I'd be interested to see a VOA. Not priced too bad either, at $118 for a bucket on Amazon.

I posted a VOA of Pennzoil Euro 0W-40 a while ago, formula may have changed since then...

How about Liqui-Moly Synthoil Energy A4 0W-40?

Fuchs Titan GT1 (5w-40) is a Euro cheapy(well relatively), used to be with high PAO content(30-50%). Now we know they switched to mostly Group 3.
But is there any PAO left... and how good is the add pack. If Fuchs is available over there it would be nice to see if the cheaper Euro oils are
like the Motuls and Liqui-Moly.

Back