And another bad Wix filter!

This one is for a 5.0 coyote in a 2018 f150. Obviously made by Purolator. Threads are wrong. Goes on 1/4 turn and won't thread any more. Next to the wix with round holes I took off.

I took another pic that shows the side and the same # but it didn't come out for some reason

Attachments

• IMG_20220606_142345639.jpg
    IMG_20220606_142345639.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 209
Unfortunately the common denominator here is Mann-Hummel. I love their European offerings but that junk they're making in Fayetteville and Gastonia is shameful.

Are you saying the Wix and Purolator are own by Mann-Hummel??

This one is for a 5.0 coyote in a 2018 f150. Obviously made by Purolator. Threads are wrong. Goes on 1/4 turn and won't thread any more. Next to the wix with round holes I took off.

I took another pic that shows the side and the same # but it didn't come out for some reason
Yup, these new Purolator made Wix are no longer quality. Glad I have two cases of circa 2015 WIX that cross to Fram 4386 to use

Yeah, except I'm using Hyundai OEM filters on wife's Tucson....made by.....drum roll please...... M&H. I'm doomed! Just bought a case of them suckers.
Apples and oranges. The Hyun/Kia OEM spin on is made by Mann in S Korea. They are made to H/K specs by Mann and 'not' made by topic Wix a subsidiary of M&H. I've seen no complaints this subforum about H/K spin on OFs 'construction'. So, the sky is not falling for H/K OEM OF users.

As for topic, strikes me that with all the thread starters, if things are as bad as implied the OP and/or employer should find a new OF supplier. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, except I'm using Hyundai OEM filters on wife's Tucson....made by.....drum roll please...... M&H. I'm doomed! Just bought a case of them suckers.
True. However there is a standard required by the manufacturer which should be held. Hyundai is able (not saying they will, but they are able) to hold their vendor accountable to the contracted specifications with M&H across all products vs Joe Bob oil change guys calling the M&H hotline to complain about one filter.

True. However there is a standard required by the manufacturer which should be held. Hyundai is able (not saying they will, but they are able) to hold their vendor accountable to the contracted specifications with M&H across all products vs Joe Bob oil change guys calling the M&H hotline to complain about one filter.
Avoid Hyundai in the future. They have so many issues !

Apples and oranges. The Hyun/Kia OEM spin on is made by Mann in S Korea. They are made to H/K specs by Mann and 'not' made by topic Wix a subsidiary of M&H. I've seen no complaints this subforum about H/K spin on OFs 'construction'. So, the sky is not falling for H/K OEM OF users.

As for topic, strikes me that with all the thread starters, if things are as bad as implied the OP and/or employer should find a new OF supplier. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Great point. Thank you.

Back