Amsoil SS vs XL Price

Considering you engine will most likely outlast the chassis and drive train is not the ownership of the vehicle with any off the shelf oil from one of the major producers , why use Amsoil to begin with? I have to ask.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to compete with the majors.

M1 used to run me about 50% more than Schaeffer's 7000 GII+ / PAO Blend. Now 7000 cost double the price of M1 and that's without even considering the annual rebate or the current $3 a quart HD clearance (at that rate it's almost 4x).

I don't believe that is true; I post the following simply for clarification

They state

i.e Amsoil will not "rescue an engine" not properly maintained prior to use of Amsoil.

and

i.e One cannot "just run to 25K" (which actually is "up to 25K or 700 hours, 15K for severe service) without suitability validation.

As previously pointed out by Pablo there are reasonable ways to extend OCI to x2 to x4 the mfg recommendations and then there are reckless ways.
I'm guessing the pushing to 25K without a UOA is the latter, not the former, and Amsoil never indicated they would stand behind the product if that were done.

Additionally, they cover losses confirmed by a failure of their product. They don't cover things like roaching a motor due to an oil pump failure because you happened to be running Amsoil, Amsoil's claims and warranty appear to be about as widely misunderstood as the concept of a 5W-30 being "too thin" for starting a car that specs 10W-30
I have never had to file an oil or engine related warranty claim. I'm sure most folks have not. Especially members on BITOG. Never known anyone personally either who has. I really do not see it as unreasonable some of the requirements we have learned these warrannties ask for as proof.

Back