Amsoil Preferred Customer Questions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jeff70
Must be a bummer for you guys.....having to pay shipping!!!! FWIW if you are large enough which msparks looks to be as he is a EDJ as well it might behove him and all his local dealers to look into this if you are close to a distro center.......

Too funny, not going to get into a philosophical discussion here, but it seems short sighted running to the warehouse to save a little shipping, then storing thousands of dollars in Amsoil in your garage. This reminds me a lot of selling other products that end in "way". No thank you sir.

I'll take a few hundred retail outlets, a few hundred preferred customer, a few commercial accounts, and a few good Dealers (Gary Allan is the best and a sponsoring dealer of this message board http://lube-direct.com/gallan/ ) as opposed to having all that product sitting around collecting dust.

Look at the top dealers in the the country, only a small handful even deal with stocking product. My mentor doesn't carry a single quart and has three stars next to his title.

Thanks for your input though.

Originally Posted By: msparks
Originally Posted By: Jeff70
Must be a bummer for you guys.....having to pay shipping!!!! FWIW if you are large enough which msparks looks to be as he is a EDJ as well it might behove him and all his local dealers to look into this if you are close to a distro center.......

Too funny, not going to get into a philosophical discussion here, but it seems short sighted running to the warehouse to save a little shipping, then storing thousands of dollars in Amsoil in your garage. This reminds me a lot of selling other products that end in "way". No thank you sir.

I'll take a few hundred retail outlets, a few hundred preferred customer, a few commercial accounts, and a few good Dealers (Gary Allan is the best and a sponsoring dealer of this message board http://lube-direct.com/gallan/ ) as opposed to having all that product sitting around collecting dust.

Look at the top dealers in the the country, only a small handful even deal with stocking product. My mentor doesn't carry a single quart and has three stars next to his title.

Thanks for your input though.

I should have been more clear on this, as me and my sponsor live in a Metro area with quite a large population, so it works for us. He keeps very little on hand, he just services his large accounts this way and lets all his dealers jump on board to help us help promote the product. He went to the DC yesterday, and I know he had a drum to pick up for a RA he has, so my little order was of no consequence to him. His view is that exceptional customer service is the way to find more and new customers. I didn't even think to look at where you reside, as it may be not be a feasible option for you....Hopefully when I get closer to retirement I will be at the EDJ level as that would fit great with my 37 years(@ time of retirement) of Federal Service.

I also want to add that freight is not that expensive. Especially when a dealer can take advantage of the freight allowance......to fully stock his three car garage......
crazy2.gif
...just kidding.

How does all this stuff work in Oz ?

Mobil is becoming a PITA, no regional dealers, and no support. Caltex, nearest dealer is 100km away, and the local shopping centre branded Caltex outlet won't get a 5l container of oil in for me as "we only deal in top-ups". Car parts retailers have Penrite and Castrol.

If I've got to drive 100km, I may as well order in.

Filled in the application thing to Amsoil, but Oz wasn't a state.

Oz. does not have a dealer network. Yours used to be a wild and woolly land. People would sell from drums on a BYOB basis. Then some charlatans started cutting the product.

So the bottom line, there is no such thing as Amsoil Preferred Customer in Australia. Folks sell the product in a "normal" retail mode, so you can't get the product direct and you'll have to pay the price they ask. (Shop around) And buy sealed new containers, it goes without saying. Not saying the guys downunder won't ship....but dunno about the freight charges.

Unfortunately Pablo is correct, I think Canada is the only other country Amsoil has a network of dealers. Of course you could contact Amsoil directly and ask them to set one up.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Shannow
There IS a bloke that sells Amsoil 100km away.

Last inquiry was $95/gal pick up.

crazy2.gif
banana2.gif
You want lube with that?

He he...

Hey...I live in Two Harbors, MN which is close to Superior, WI. I am on a Board of Trustees with the HR Director(?) from Amsoil. Doesn't mean anything just an interesting bit of info and name dropping
55.gif

I would imagine I could become a PC with one of the BITOG sponsors...AND...still go pick up in Superior to save freight? Actually, my Toyota dealer is located just a mile of so from Amsoil.

Tom R in Two Harbors, MN

Hey fellas,

My few cents worth on AMSOIL Preferred Customer status and sponsoring dealer changes:

Almost a year ago, I signed up as a PC and was randomly assigned a dealer. Fast forward to today, which is almost a year later. My PC membership is expiring. I e-mail AMSOIL and explain that I want to change sponsors, noting the high level of service from site sponsors here.

They write back, saying that they won't do this unless my current sponsor releases me. I e-mail back, saying in effect, either change my sponsor or I won't renew my PC membership. I ask them if denying my sponsor change is worth losing a year of my business? They respond back, giving the corporate line again - I need to be released by my current sponsor before they'll change it.

This seems very arrogant - not only doesn't AMSOIL Corporate not believe that the customer is always right, but they are willing to lose a year of my business over something stupid as a sponsor change. I have a hard time believing that Al Amatuzio built such a successful business on such bad policy and arrogant thinking like this.

I think highly of AMSOIL's products, I think even more highly of our site sponsor dealers, but I think AMSOIL Corporate absolutely stinks.

Obviously, they've so irritated me that I'm done with being a PC at least for a year, if not permanently. The question now is if I cut my nose off to spite my face and not use a product and site sponsors I believe in, because I so hate the attitude of the corporate offices?

I've got think about that.

thanks,
ben

Simple.
1. do not renew PC
2. start a new PC, with the dealer you wish.
I would be surprised that the fulfillment system would catch it or even care!

Originally Posted By: kd5byb
Hey fellas,

My few cents worth on AMSOIL Preferred Customer status and sponsoring dealer changes:

Almost a year ago, I signed up as a PC and was randomly assigned a dealer. Fast forward to today, which is almost a year later. My PC membership is expiring. I e-mail AMSOIL and explain that I want to change sponsors, noting the high level of service from site sponsors here.

They write back, saying that they won't do this unless my current sponsor releases me. I e-mail back, saying in effect, either change my sponsor or I won't renew my PC membership. I ask them if denying my sponsor change is worth losing a year of my business? They respond back, giving the corporate line again - I need to be released by my current sponsor before they'll change it.

This seems very arrogant - not only doesn't AMSOIL Corporate not believe that the customer is always right, but they are willing to lose a year of my business over something stupid as a sponsor change. I have a hard time believing that Al Amatuzio built such a successful business on such bad policy and arrogant thinking like this.

I think highly of AMSOIL's products, I think even more highly of our site sponsor dealers, but I think AMSOIL Corporate absolutely stinks.

Obviously, they've so irritated me that I'm done with being a PC at least for a year, if not permanently. The question now is if I cut my nose off to spite my face and not use a product and site sponsors I believe in, because I so hate the attitude of the corporate offices?

I've got think about that.

thanks,
ben

Unfortunately, you need to let 1 year lapse after your PC expires before you can sign up with a new dealer. I just went through this garbage with a random dealer that pulled some shenanigans (not a site sponsor).

I was told that I had to wait a year as well by AMSOIL Corporate. I wrote back, telling them that they just lost me as a preferred customer - at least for a year, maybe forever. I asked them if such poor customer service was the way Al Amatuzio built AMSOIL into the success it is today? From all his column in Action News, I always thought he appreciated each and every customer. I guess that isn't so. I'd love for someone to send my story to AMSOIL Corporate so that Al Amatuzio could be asked this question.

I received no response from them. I love our site sponsors, think AMSOIL makes good products, but the corporate office have obviously lost sight of what made AMSOIL a good company: good products AND good customer service.

Truth be told, I plan to continue to order AMSOIL products like ATF and gear oil from a site sponsor at the non-PC price if need be in the next year. They are worth it. I look forward to see if this gives AMSOIL Corporate a fit - IE: will the site sponsor get the commission, or will my existing dealer?

But, for things like motor oil that made up the bulk of my PC purchases, I'm buying something else...

thanks!
ben

Last edited:
The wait-a-year stipulation was put in by AMSOIL to protect their dealers. There are some less than ethical dealers who, over the years, poached other dealers customers. The same restriction applies to Commercial, Retail and Dealer accounts.

Yes, there are still some who find ways to get around the requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back