Amsoil Preferred Customer Questions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You save a tad over 20% off the prices at Amsoil.com.

Freight is about $8.90 per case (about 24#'s), and tapers down to a $6.40 minimum. Two cases - about $15 shipping, 4 cases - about $25, and so own.

I am planning on an Ammsoil purchase. I am in NJ. If I pick one of the site sponsers (such as yourself), will the shipping be the same as if I was assigned a local dealer on the East Coast?

Thanks

Jeff

I have some cars that take 4, 5 and 6 quarts.

Which is the smarter/cheaper way to buy amsoil, when you factor in BOTH cost, and shipping prices:

Buy some gallons, and some quarts, or buy JUST quarts?

I.E.:

All of my cars will take a least a gallon. So, if I have gallon jugs, and quart bottles, I will dump a gallon in, and then however many quarts I need to fill it. OR, should I just buy cases of quart bottles?

thanks.

Quote:

I have some cars that take 4, 5 and 6 quarts.

Which is the smarter/cheaper way to buy amsoil, when you factor in BOTH cost, and shipping prices:

Buy some gallons, and some quarts, or buy JUST quarts?

I.E.:

All of my cars will take a least a gallon. So, if I have gallon jugs, and quart bottles, I will dump a gallon in, and then however many quarts I need to fill it. OR, should I just buy cases of quart bottles?

thanks.

Sure you'll save a little with gallons. Shipping is strictly by weight - so this may or may not save money on shipping.

I don't like to store open gallons, but if you figure it all out and don't end up with any partials then that won't be a problem. I think just buying a couple cases saves nicely over individual quarts as well and is what I do.

Make sure you give Amsoil TWO FULL DAYS to activate your account if you are a PC and need to order something online.

I will leave it at that.

steved

Lot's of times I sign my Houston area customers up as a PC and place their order by phone in the morning and it arrives in the afternoon of the next day from Dallas, unless the product is backordered. Then it may take a week to get the back ordered product. I think it is easier and quicker to order by phone. The order is usually shipped out in an hour.

Quote:

Make sure you give Amsoil TWO FULL DAYS to activate your account if you are a PC and need to order something online.

I will leave it at that.

steved

As I have advised numerous times contacting a sponsoring dealer directly would probably net you the best deal, the best customer service, and a timely order.

I WOULD NEVER ORDER ANYTHING ONLINE IF I WANTED IT IN A HURRY. CALL IN DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS AND YOU WILL KNOW IF THE PRODUCT IS IN STOCK, WHEN IT WILL SHIP, YOUR TOTAL SHIPPING AND A CONFIRMATION NUMBER.

hi everyone, new here. just so i understand, i know it has been covered, but you know what old age can do to you
crazy.gif

anyway, so if i want to be a PC it doesn't matter who the dealer is as far as shipping is concerned. that will always depend on what warehouse it comes from? is that right?

correct.
I went online and ordered, and at the same time ordered the $10 Preferred customer, and it reduced my costs....
got it very quickly...then I just went back and emailed them to ensure Pablo is my dealer...

rsylvstr nailed it. Your products will always ship from your local warehouse. (Unless it's backordered and necessary to ship from another warehouse or HQ - but even then the same low freight rates apply).

Easiest if you have never had contact with Amsoil. Just enter 515729 (and/or Paul Seminara) at the screen prompt: Amsoil Preferred Customer Page

If somehow some other dealer has you listed - which could be perfectly innocent via a previous order, then you will need to follow up with a dealer change.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
coffee.gif
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

I will leave it at that.

steved

I became a PC online with my order. Drove to the warehouse 1/2 hour later. They pulled up my order and filled it. All and good in 45 minutes.

Quote:

Quote:

Yah when I signed up for PC a few years back I just go 'assigned' to the local dealer. Any way to change that?

Lots of people have been asking me this lately and I really appreciate it. First, I will say it's not exactly easy or accepted by Amsoil. However, if the dealer you currently have will relinquish you, then it can happen. I can also tell you - I can't change it for you. When you think about it - that's the only way it should be. (Unscrupulous dealers would abuse the system). Anyway, use your 800 number to get the process started if you don't have direct access to your dealer.

Amsoil never forgets. I was a PC for 1 year in '04. This week I placed an order for a new PC membership and entered Pablo's dealer number. Received my PC card today and I am listed under the same dealer I was in '04, not Pablo. Is there a way I can change that online or with email?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yah when I signed up for PC a few years back I just go 'assigned' to the local dealer. Any way to change that?

Lots of people have been asking me this lately and I really appreciate it. First, I will say it's not exactly easy or accepted by Amsoil. However, if the dealer you currently have will relinquish you, then it can happen. I can also tell you - I can't change it for you. When you think about it - that's the only way it should be. (Unscrupulous dealers would abuse the system). Anyway, use your 800 number to get the process started if you don't have direct access to your dealer.

Amsoil never forgets. I was a PC for 1 year in '04. This week I placed an order for a new PC membership and entered Pablo's dealer number. Received my PC card today and I am listed under the same dealer I was in '04, not Pablo. Is there a way I can change that online or with email?

yes, you can call, but i prefer email. head to this link and send them an email...it worked for me. (Pablo, i got this covered, go "repair" yourself)
http://www.amsoil.com/techservices.aspx
even though it says it's for technical questions, they should forward it to the customer service department. I just told them that Paul has been so much help that I want him as my dealer.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There is NO honest way to change your sponsoring dealer. It is against corporate policy to do so. At the same time it is also against the policies for one dealer to sell to you if you have been dealing with a different dealer.

There is NO honest way to change your sponsoring dealer. It is against corporate policy to do so. At the same time it is also against the policies for one dealer to sell to you if you have been dealing with a different dealer.

I haven't been dealing with anybody. I know what I want and purchase online. I haven't purchased any Amsoil products in three years. I figured after that amount of time I could chose my own dealer. Since I'm a member of BITOG, I thought I would use a BITOG sponsor as my dealer.
I'll see what I can do through email.

Thanks everyone!

o2man: that's C R A P.

Corporate is the one that changed mine. I have only dealt with Paul (via PM's and emails) and for corporate to assign me some jagoff that I don't know, have never heard from, etc. is C R A P.

Quote:

There is NO honest way to change your sponsoring dealer. It is against corporate policy to do so.

This is not exactly true. First of all a dealer can relinquish a customer. A customer can sign up as a PC under a new dealer. Amsoil can and has changed dealers for customers when dealers are not performing. Customers can change dealers when they move. All ethical and honest ways.

I agree that customers can't wily nilly change dealers. It would be too crazy - but Amsoil also allows customers to change dealers when the customer feels as if he has been snookered out of his name and address from a dealer he no intention of ever doing business with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back