Amsoil Preferred Customer Questions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! I need to change my siggy. Thanks!

Also I want add that I have NEVER petitioned any customer or Amsoil to change dealers. If someone comes to me wishing to change I send them to Amsoil HQ. I clearly state that I CANNOT do this for them. But to be honest EVERYONE who has come to me to change dealers has a legitimate reason, and this is why Amsoil inevitably changes. If someone came to me and was upset that was their dealer, I would relinquish them - because a) that person is unlikely to purchase any thing and b) if they are happy with another dealer and purchase from them, then it still helps the company.

Here is the policy

G2194 excerpt
Quote:

Interference of a Dealer, Preferred Customer or account
includes discussing AMSOIL, offering better service
if they terminate their relationship with their current
Dealer or selling product to them directly.

example
A Dealer encourages a protected Dealer, Preferred
Customer or account to terminate their relationship
with the current Dealer.

who cares!
I wasn't a customer. I discussed Amsoil with ONE dealer. I placed my order. Amsoil put me under another dealer. If they want my money, they can switch me to the ONE dealer I've corresponded with...especially one that puts money back into this site!
and NOW, I have the dealer i wanted and this is a mute point for me, so keep quoting corporate policy and arguing how it's screwing up the MLM that we all hate.

Mike - Thanks for posting. Yes those are part of the rules for "Dealer, Preferred Customer or account" (ROTS or Commercial). Nothing wrong with discussing Amsoil with catalog customers OR any of the above with accounts that have been inactive for longer the 12-24 months. (Read all the rules).

And like I said, I haven't talked to any Amsoil dealer - ever. I placed one catalog order in March, 2004 and was assigned a dealer. I placed my second order this past Tuesday, entered Pablo's # (who I chose by playing Rock, Paper, Scissors with my wife. Pablo won 2 out of 3
smile.gif
) When I received my PC card I was assigned the same dealer I was assigned to 3 three years ago. I think after 3 years, without any purchases, I ought to be able to choose whatever dealer I want. I sent a message to Amsoil. I'll wait and see what they say.

Quote:

As I have advised numerous times contacting a sponsoring dealer directly would probably net you the best deal, the best customer service, and a timely order.

Quote:

And like I said, I haven't talked to any Amsoil dealer - ever. I placed one catalog order in March, 2004 and was assigned a dealer. I placed my second order this past Tuesday, entered Pablo's # (who I chose by playing Rock, Paper, Scissors with my wife. Pablo won 2 out of 3 ) When I received my PC card I was assigned the same dealer I was assigned to 3 three years ago. I think after 3 years, without any purchases, I ought to be able to choose whatever dealer I want. I sent a message to Amsoil. I'll wait and see what they say.

In response to tigrpal let me say it one more time.

Contacting the site sponsoring dealer will yield more satisfactory results.

As a catalog or (online retail) customer you are not locked in to any particular dealer. Only as a preferred customer, dealer or Commercial/Retail account is where you are locked in.

So if you would like to take advantage of one of the other programs mentioned above, contact that dealer that you want to work with, so they can call up Amsoil and make sure, double sure, and triple sure you are assigned to them. If you are expecting to just do it online, unfortunately you will not get the desired results.

current Amsoil sponsors are
Gary Allan, Pablo and Don Stefanik

You can contact them by clicking on their profile links.

Quote:

so when i buy on a dealer gets a comission for doing nothing?

correct...that's why you choose a sponsor from this site, so you can bug the heck out of him with any and all questions you have....make them earn their money! My dealer is Pablo/Paul....always available....thinking about calling him some friday night when i'm drunk!

Quote:

so when i buy on(line) a dealer gets a comission for doing nothing?

Yes - when you buy online for the first time without entering a dealer number, a local dealer probably unknown to you gets a commission. That's why we say for the BiTOG folks to us a BITOG sponsor......then you get proper support. If you already have a dealer, well you're sorta stuck.

The key is for new folks to realize this!!!

I imagine that the internet threw Amsoil into some upheaval ..sorta. With people being able to access Amsoil directly, the dealers were surely getting circumvented. The only fair way to do it was to assign all customer initiated purchases to random dealers. I don't know this, but it's my speculation. I don't know the process that the customers are assigned because there's no geographical pattern to it. I did manage to get one customer only a few blocks away ..but it was just by chance.

About a third of my customers only knew me after they made purchases via the web site or catalog. I attempt to contact them and offer my support. Some respond ..others do not
dunno.gif

I just want to re-emphasize: The best Amsoil pricing you can get is with Preferred Customer pricing. Yes it costs $20/year - but with just once case you save money.

For example, a case of 12 quarts:
ASM 0W-20 69.00 vs 91.80
SSO 0W-30 87.00 vs 118.20
ASL 5W-30 66.00 vs 87.60
AME 15W-40 59.40 vs 81.60

Originally Posted By: tigrpal
Quote:
Yah when I signed up for PC a few years back I just go 'assigned' to the local dealer. Any way to change that?

Amsoil never forgets. I was a PC for 1 year in '04. This week I placed an order for a new PC membership and entered Pablo's dealer number. Received my PC card today and I am listed under the same dealer I was in '04, not Pablo. Is there a way I can change that online or with email?

Why do I have to say this time and time again. Contact the dealer that you would like to order from direct. Be it Paul, Gary, or Don.

If you have been a customer that has expired, after 1 year you are no longer locked in to your old dealer.

So the person was a PC in 2004 one year later would be 2005, they stay in the sytem for 1 year after that, now we are at 2006. After 2006 they become free game, if they go online and make another order they will be automatically assigned to the old dealer. If they call the new dealer they would like to work with, that dealer can have them changed in the sytem no problem because they are well within the current guidelines.

Maybe someday, folks will listen to what I keep telling them.

If you want to work with a certain dealer---CALL THAT DEALER.

I live south of york pa, about an hour or so from the Amsoil Lancaster warehouse. Is it possible to order from a site sponsor and actually go pick up the order from the warehouse to avoid shipping costs?

Originally Posted By: spiderbypass
I live south of york pa, about an hour or so from the Amsoil Lancaster warehouse. Is it possible to order from a site sponsor and actually go pick up the order from the warehouse to avoid shipping costs?

Absolutely. Many BITOG'ers do this.

You can order via the web (check the pick-up box) or phone (tell the order gal for pick-up).

this is all real interesting, I signed up as a PC before joining this forum, and was assigned a random dealer (NOT the one a mile from my home!); I don't even know who it is, never had any contact w/ him, but if/when I renew this year, I'll try to switch to a BITOG sponsor. only makes sense, w/ all the help I've gotten here.

Pablo will take care of you well. He doesn't [censored] and knows the product.

Must be a bummer for you guys.....having to pay shipping!!!! I have paid shipping once and my upline picked up half of it cause hes just a dammmmmmm good guy. I havent ordered a ton of stuff but I do have a few PC's and 4-5 RA/CA's, and this is my strongest selling point that we can save them the shipping, as we will meet them locally to give them their product. The dealers in this EDJ's dowline sometimes share the trips to the Distro center but not often. He just lets all his dealers know when hes going so we can get with our customers and let them know, also this lets me touch base with my customers more often. FWIW if you are large enough which msparks looks to be as he is a EDJ as well it might behove him and all his local dealers to look into this if you are close to a distro center.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back