AMSOIL is forced to implement an energy surcharge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: cosynthetics
You can always leave Amsoil if you want, you'll still pay a lot for oil. Mobil 1 is up to 6.48 at my local autozone. It's been raising by leaps and bounds.

I'm tired of all of this stuff raising so fast. I wish the dollar, oil, and the housing market would stabilize. My infant's cereal just took another price increase, diapers jumped by $4 a box, and my kid's juices jumped over .50. Everything is up and it stinks. It hurts.
Welcome to the 1970's

I hope it ends like the 70's.

Don't worry, when the Dem's take over the WH, Pelosi and Obama will raise your takes and take care of you. Rep. John Dingle (D) of Mich is proposing a 50 cent hike in the federal gas tax to stop you from driving so much so 1 oil change should last you 5 yrs, just wait till November when they spring that one. The Ethanol hoax is causing food prices to rise (farmers only once who benefit from Ethanol). CNBC reported a big Chicken Processor (? Pride) was closing several plants because of the price of corn (feed) and laying off thousands. People are going to starve around the world so the greenies can save the planet and rid us of oil with E85.

A independent trucker I know (logger) told me the other week that the cost of diesel is putting him out of business. The mills he hauls for won't pay more (renegotiate the contract) and all his profits are going into the tank.

Start warming up the B52's

Glad to see that Mike_dup1 and I agree on a good majority of the same things.

But really, within the last 2 years Super Tech oil has nearly doubled in price. It was 97 cents and now it's at least $1.79. Mobil 1 is now more expensive than Castrol Syntec at Wal-Mart. But since Amsoil made their statement public, they're going to get blasted for it.

"It was 97 cents and now it's at least $1.79."

I distinctly remember it being $0.88, and I haven't been an oil junkie that long.

You want quality or junk?

Gas has doubled in 2 years but the quality has fallen.

I still can't cross the street to my grocery store without a Sherman tank.

I still see idiots driving like the streets are a race track.

Seldom can I drive the speed limit without being tail gated, honked at or flipped off.

Gas is still too cheap.

Not one item on my grocery stores didn't go up in the past 2 years.

Cheap oil has almost double in the past 2-3 years. Ya ya ya I know all about the sales, but those are becoming less and less.

It's all about the dollar, which the current administration said in 2000 they wanted weakened to help exports.

On the investment board I talked about a return to the 70s. Here it is.

Quote:
You want quality or junk

yup. You sometimes get what you pay for. What is the alternative, to "dumb" down the quality to meet a price point? I'd be the first to stop using it.

My sides are hurting !!! Thin is better ,syn is the best ,the 25w/40 is so thick in my boat engines in Florida ,dry starts,cold starts.I spent 23 years repairing cars, trucks, tractors, forklifts almost anything brought into the dealership I worked at "equipment leasing". I have probably over 100 college units in just the auto trade classes to learn and keep up with all the new tech. What I need to know is,,, why is it with 5,000 mile oil change intervals using any proper recommended grade oil the engines in your car will usually outlast the tin cans they are put in? P.S been retired for 9 years. I still try to keep up with all the new stuff imo in real life it is not looking good.

I buy on perceived value/cost ratios. It is all economics to me. yes, I do buy several Amsoil products, and do not buy others. As long as I can see the bottom line before pressing the "buy" button, I can always check in another window if a previously rejected alternative became "interesting." I am a very big fan of Adam Smith.

Originally Posted By: dargo
I agree but with a JIT attitude this is the effects of it. I like their products but they should posts what there CEO etc make and what are there bonus, perks etc while they increase product prices...YMMV
Who pays for the race sponsers? one gripe I have with the NASCAR racers I do not care one way or the other about them so I try to avoid the business'that spend my money on them or other things "off subject somewhat"

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
Amsoil needs to start pricing in and taking payments in e-gold or other real currency. Then they'll be able to have stable prices.
But the U.S.dollar isn,t quite the powerhouse it was before the one worlders got hold of it.

Ok....lets flip the coin for May....3% to 7% added to the final order. Not just oil, but the final order. Lets see what some % look like*

200,00 @ 3% is 6 bucks.

200.00 @ 5% is 10 bucks.

200.00 @ 7% is 14 bucks.

So the energy surcharge must be for the energy to raise the prices? You know others talk about the Big oil companies raising prices too....yes they do, and the profits are in the billions. If the Libbies would let them reinvest in America it would be wonderful. And I guess if you look at Amsoil, they are reinvesting in an American company....please Amsoil don't buy Korean base and additive packages:)

I have no problems with prices going up as long as quality remains the same. With certain brands, quality seems to have gone down while raw material prices have gone up. (XOM).
27.gif

Originally Posted By: cmhj
You want quality or junk?

Gas has doubled in 2 years but the quality has fallen.

I still can't cross the street to my grocery store without a Sherman tank.

I still see idiots driving like the streets are a race track.

Seldom can I drive the speed limit without being tail gated, honked at or flipped off.

Gas is still too cheap.

Not one item on my grocery stores didn't go up in the past 2 years.

Cheap oil has almost double in the past 2-3 years. Ya ya ya I know all about the sales, but those are becoming less and less.

It's all about the dollar, which the current administration said in 2000 they wanted weakened to help exports.

On the investment board I talked about a return to the 70s. Here it is.

the price of gas doesn't hit people until they fill up their gas tanks. when they spend 90 bucks for gas, they complain about the prices. it doesn't change their driving habits. it's always someone else's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back