AMSOIL is forced to implement an energy surcharge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go Amsoil for being so upfront about price increases. I really respect their response in addressing this issue. Thanks Pablo.

Originally Posted By: buster
The way Amsoil surives all of this is to continue to put out higher quality oils that are better than the competition.

If you got to Walmart and Motorcraft (a good oil btw) is now $4 qt, well then spending more on Amsoil @ $11 qt but getting 15k miles out of makes it worth it.

Just got back.

Motorcraft 5 qt jugs are $10.36.
QS 5 qt jugs are $8.97 (bought 6 of them)
Mobil 5000 5 qt are $8.97 (bought 5 of them)
Pennzoil went up to $12
Valvoline is $10.92
Castrol is $13
PP is now $19
QS syn is now $19
Supertech is $14.37 syn and $8.23 conventional
Mobil 1 is $23.92 and EP is $28.92

None of the conventional oils are anywhere near $4.

The funny thing is Castrol is getting $18.96 for the syn blend. $24 something for the Syntec. I remember buying Syntec blend in 5qt jugs for $12 and Syntec for $15.

I think Castrol has had the biggest increase (and the shelves were full. So was Mobil 1. Every thing else looked like it was moving)

Oh, Mobil 1 Gas saving "green cap"
crackmeup2.gif
was only $24.92.

Bottom line, I left the store with 55 qts of oil... (the stash is LOW...Sucks to be paying almost $2 a quart for oil)
grin2.gif

I still state, if I was going to pay full pop for a syn oil, I'd would get the Amsoil XL line. (How much did it go up? Afraid to look)

Take care, bill

PS: They also had 5w-20 in PP 5 qt jugs.

quote: I still state, if I was going to pay full pop for a syn oil, I'd would get the Amsoil XL line. (How much did it go up? Afraid to look) end-quote:

Looks like with shipping it's 8 dollars and some change Retail and Shipped per quart starting in September!

I prefer that a company just tell me what the price is without any whining. I will make my buy/not buy decision based on their price and how much I want their product.

AMSOIL is starting to act like an airline. Just tell me how much the bleeping product costs and skip the whiny theatrics.

I guess everyone has their own take on it.

I see it as being upfront for exactly the reasons we see on here by some members.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
quote: I still state, if I was going to pay full pop for a syn oil, I'd would get the Amsoil XL line. (How much did it go up? Afraid to look) end-quote:

Looks like with shipping it's 8 dollars and some change Retail and Shipped per quart starting in September!

Wow...

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Bottom line, I left the store with 55 qts of oil... (the stash is LOW...Sucks to be paying almost $2 a quart for oil)
grin2.gif

My 80+ quarts stash is good for more than 3 years for 3 cars. I would not buy brand name conventional oil for more than $0.49/qt or synthetic oil for more than $1.49/qt.

My last purchase was 18 quarts Valvoline SynPower for $0.49/qt after rebate.

Originally Posted By: buster
I guess everyone has their own take on it.

I see it as being upfront for exactly the reasons we see on here by some members.

I guess that would be of some use for the two people left in the country that don't know the price of crude is up.

Here are current prices at the local AZ.

PP - $6.29
M1 - $6.49
M1 EP - $7.49
ValSyn - $6.29

AutoZone 5w20 - $2.89

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

grin2.gif

My 80+ quarts stash is good for more than 3 years for 3 cars. I would not buy brand name conventional oil for more than $0.49/qt or synthetic oil for more than $1.49/qt.

My last purchase was 18 quarts Valvoline SynPower for $0.49/qt after rebate.

It's good to have an oil stash for that very reasons. At first, I thought having a stash was detrimental, but with the price of crude oil being unpredictable. It saves us from price increases on any oil brand. Look for oil sales around thanksgiving through February when people don't change their oil due to the cold weather.

Quote:
It's good to have an oil stash for that very reasons. At first, I thought having a stash was detrimental, but with the price of crude oil being unpredictable. It saves us from price increases on any oil brand.

Evil speculator...
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Why would a stash be detrimental?
\

Because the worse the market gets the lower the price of gas and oil.

Look for yourself today gasoline was 3.32 in my area and I expect it to get lower if the bail out fails.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back