Florida impact fee's to build

The entire community/economy benefits from educating children, even if they are not your own children.
I'm certainly not against inputting funding for educational infrastructure. It's important to our future. My thoughts are more along the lines of flat fees not really making sense.

The fees are just another tax for the most part. I too think we should contribute to schools and roads but in this area we also added a 1/2 cent sales tax to pay for schools and approx .21 cents per gallon of fuel tax goes towards roads and transportation. I'm sure most states are the same so those of you that think EV's are the future need to consider how we will replace those dollars.

These are just one time fees on new construction and in the grand scheme of things don't matter to most but when you are getting new build prices, they are part of that cost. Don't even get me started on permitting fees and the like. Palm Bay charges more for a door permit than a door costs!

No state income tax in Florida, correct? The money has to come from somewhere.
This reminds me of Texas license plate fees. (TX = no income tax either.)

They put in a laundry list of little stupid items, like making you pay for the reflective backing as its own line item.

But the taxes are low, LOL.

Back