Amsoil Euro 5w30 -- 6,167 miles -- 07 Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the low SAPS Amsoil, it doesn't seem to be having any trouble with US gas and maintaining TBN. The TAN is lower than some of the other runs that were shorter.

This IS the low SAPS oil. It seems to hold up pretty. It starts with a pretty low TBN of 5.8 and maintains it nicely. If it started out with 12.0 TBN, this oil would be Awesome!

Outstanding results for a "Low Saps", Euro oil with a low starting TBN!

I'm sure everyone is impressed with your results!

Well, that really does blow a hole into the "Theory" that European Low SAPS, Mid SAPS oils, are unsuited for use in North America, due to the high sulphur content of the North American gasoline!

Thank you for most informative post and excellent results.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: steve20
does "kept up with a Corvette once at the track" mean the day you took you binoculars to the track?

lol.gif
come on Steve. Stop picking on me. I had absolutely no trouble keeping up with a modified Corvette in the twisties. He'd gain on me on the straight away but i'd be right on his butt during the next turn.

It wasn't driven by an old geezer either. This guy was pushing it.

I've keep to a dozen track days in the 4 years that i've had the Si. A post talking about all the cars i've kept up with / smoked would be quite lengthy.

Originally Posted By: mongo161
Outstanding results for a "Low Saps", Euro oil with a low starting TBN!

I'm sure everyone is impressed with your results!

Well, that really does blow a hole into the "Theory" that European Low SAPS, Mid SAPS oils, are unsuited for use in North America, due to the high sulphur content of the North American gasoline!

Thank you for most informative post and excellent results.

I gotta say, i'm real happy with the results and the way this oil performed. The oil now has close to 7,000 miles on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back