Amsoil better than Mobil 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've see this opinion in various threads when I was searching the archives today. Is this true? How does one come to this conclusion? Heck, I thought Mobil 1 was King of the Hill. Never even heard of Amsoil.

Oh dear...

18.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
40 posts and you never heard of Amsoil?

Rightcho, mate.

You seem upset cuz Im not familiar with Amsoil..

HARTZSKY, don't worry about it, you spend a little more time on here and you will. Amsoil makes a very good line of synthetics and in some applications do perform better than Mobil 1. Mobil 1 is the biggest dog on the block so it's natural you would know more about them. I just saw my first Amsoil TV commercial the other night. I was shocked when I saw it.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
HARTZSKY, don't worry about it, you spend a little more time on here and you will. Amsoil makes a very good line of synthetics and in some applications do perform better than Mobil 1. Mobil 1 is the biggest dog on the block so it's natural you would know more about them. I just saw my first Amsoil TV commercial the other night. I was shocked when I saw it.
Hey Johnny, thx alot. I've got 3, well make that 4 cars I've got to oil up in the next 3 months. I reckon this is a sore topic to ask about.

Quote:
I thought Mobil 1 was King of the Hill.

Based on sales they are. That's about it.

Originally Posted By: HARTZSKY
Originally Posted By: Johnny
Hey Johnny, thx alot. I've got 3, well make that 4 cars I've got to oil up in the next 3 months. I reckon this is a sore topic to ask about.

Get in touch with one of our Amsoil site sponsors and have them order you some. Give it a try in one or two of your cars. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Well,I reckon the only way to satisfy my question is to try some in one of my cars and see how I like it. I'll find the sponsors like you recommend. Thx

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buster
Quote:
I thought Mobil 1 was King of the Hill.

Based on sales they are. That's about it.

Oh oh, buster changed teams
wink.gif

Rightcho, mate.

Sorry, not upset - I just thought you were trolling. Glad you aren't, that's for sure.

Mobil 1 one is HUGE. Just huge. But Amsoil isn't so tiny. They are a privately held company, but they move a healthy amount of oil.

As for performance, M1 makes some good oils and one great one. Amsoil has some great oils and some good ones. Amsoil seems to top M1 in long drains and low UOA (wear) numbers almost every time, just purely from an anecdotal point of view.

Well,I reckon the only way to satisfy my question is to try some in one of my cars and see how I like it. I'll find the sponsors like you recommend. Thx

Well old Pablo in the third post of this thread is a great one. Send him a PM and he will be glad to fix you up.

Rightcho, mate.

Sorry, not upset - I just thought you were trolling. Glad you aren't, that's for sure.

Mobil 1 one is HUGE. Just huge. But Amsoil isn't so tiny. They are a privately held company, but they move a healthy amount of oil.

As for performance, M1 makes some good oils and one great one. Amsoil has some great oils and some good ones. Amsoil seems to top M1 in long drains and low UOA (wear) numbers almost every time, just purely from an anecdotal point of view.

Delvac 1/TDT 5w40 or M1 0w40? Had to ask
grin2.gif
Didn't know which one you were referring to.

Rightcho, mate.

Pardon my inexperience, but what does trolling mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back