fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif

Who ever stated that these guys were Lambs?

I thought they were dancing marshmallows high on oil fumes.

To Chris B.
I am going back to Havoline. I only have 400 miles on the truck. After seeing the consistency of MObil1 in my wihe's car, I decide not to use it.
Cheers!
fruit.gif

SoftPoint

Per login agreement 1.2.13, site amdinistrator/monitor has determined
that you have been soliciting acts that may be considered hostile in
nature to other site members...)
As of 08-05-2003, site matrix report autosum-989 has generated 3 formal
complaints to this Computer IP address...)
Please be advised that four or more complaints will result in
termination of access for 45 days...)
generated log report 555,329
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif

[ August 06, 2003, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: SoftPoint ]

Can this forum get back to the topic of oil!
Don't people have better things to than dicotimize Graemlins.
I have used Amsoil in my 2003 Vette.
The engine bearings were ruined due to thermal degredation of the oil!
The Kinematic Viscosity of 90.42 for 10W-30 is one of the factor that could be improved the most.
I believe Amsoil is living a unheralded legacy, take for instance the claim amsoil is still using from 1972 25,000 drain interval for API requirements.
Are there ant recent claims that better that?
offtopic.gif

Bob Thompson [[email protected]]writes:

The Posting warnings are meant to clean/saturate this site.
This site is friendly as is the First amendment of the constitution.
So after suspeneding you from this site

This is the guy that is running this site

[ August 06, 2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: joee12 ]

quote:

Originally posted by guido_bossaert:
The Kinematic Viscosity of 90.42 for 10W-30 is one of the factor that could be improved the most.
offtopic.gif

How did you establish the thermal degredation, you have any pics by chance to see the colorization of the bearings. Love to see what they look like if possible.

quote:

Originally posted by guido_bossaert:
offtopic.gif

Curiosity . Your statement implies that Amsoil was the cause of the failure. Did you approach Amsoil with the claim for repair under their warranty and if so can you provide a history on this???

The main point of interest is that I used mobil 1 for 6 months, then with the transfer to amsoil the engine was performing differently.
Upon startup, I could here the tone of lifters then it would dampen.
On the warranty, GM inspected my vehicle and after two months of exchanging love E-mails replaced my engine.
I did not think to use the amsoil warranty, because I was not aweare of this alternate route,Thanks!

This thread is strange to say the least. I can tell Guido one thing: Lots of vette owners use and love Amsoil. Not one has lost his engine due to "thermal degradation of the oil". My conclusion is that something else was drasticly wrong with your engine, and albeit grudgingly, GM agreed to replace the engine.

As far as your conclusion:

quote:

Kinematic Viscosity of 90.42 for 10W-30 is one of the factor that could be improved the most.

How did you reach this conclusion and this number?

* 1.0 = 0.0000 cm2/sec* 0.155 = 0.0000 in2/sec
* 0.0010764 = 0.0000 ft2/sec

Viscosity (Kinematic) equivalents

This inherent process is defined above.
Enter in your variables to equate your specifc application.
I would be glad to assist in this process

Her are some interseting facts on 10w-30 amsoil

AMSOIL 100% Synthetic 10W-30 Motor Oil ATM

Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt ASTM D-445

Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt ASTM D-445

Viscosity Index ASTM D-2270

CCS Viscosity @ -20°C, cP ASTM D 2602

Borderline Pumping Temperature °C °F ASTM D-3829

Pour Point °C °F ASTM D 97
-51 -60

Flash Point °C °F ASTM D 92
230 446

Four Ball Wear Test ASTM D-4172 B: 40 kg, 75°C, 1200 rpm, 1 hour, Scar in mm

Noack Volatility, % weight loss g/100g DIN 51581

High Temperature/High Shear Viscosity cP, 150°C, 1.0 X 106 s.-1, ASTM D 4683,
>3.5

Total Base Number
>11.0

quote:

I'm not sure what "many regulations" are holding me back

There are many. You can't sell them on online auction sites such as eBay for fear of "ruining" their name. you can't post prices on your own websites. etc...

Basically anything that you learned about selling products doesn't fly with Amsoil. You gotta use some sh*tty excuse for a webpage to advertise Amsoil products - no prices, nothing.

You can't sell them on eBay as buy-it-now products on an eBay store or a single auction.

Ed Newman and several others on eBay are running a sting operation to catch a dealer selling Amsoil products to a non-dealer who is selling them on eBay.
rolleyes.gif

I found out I couldn't get my $30 back so I'm stuck with a 1 year registration.

I'm definitely not going to renew it.

Walmart has everything I need: M1 that lasts 9k miles and Motorcraft filters that last a good 5000 miles.

No reason for me to switch to insanely expensive Amsoil even w/ dealer pricing. And the funny part is that the dealer pricing is still more expensive than Group IV synthetic pricing at an auto parts store.

guido - please tell me why the Kinematic Viscosity bothers you and which way does it need to go to improve?

metro - I think selling the new product on ebay is cheesy, so that rule isn't so bad. You can make your web page however you want, it does need approval though. I didn't know we couldn't post prices, are you sure about that? Mine had a few prices and HQ approved mine.

I would be interested to know how you managed to get GM to replace your engine and you still have it in the warehouse??

btw - I have been using the 10W-30 ATM in my LS1 for 2 yrs, with yearly oil change that is.

[ August 06, 2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Mike ]

I found it a bit funny also that GM would let him keep his old engine after it had been replace under warranty. I think that this post, which stared out for humor, has brought out all the creeps from their corners.
Also, the quotes that I copied and pasted, must also have been from an imposter because the Schaeffers Oil email address is incorrect and so is the spelling of the last name. It appears that someone has given me a taste of my own medicine.
Can anyone verify that the formula posted by Guido Bossart is correct?
Please forgive me for starting something that has gotten way out of hand.
Cheers!
fruit.gif

SoftPoint

Softpoint and pablo.
I had a gm distric rep come out and verify my complaint. After 3 months of having the engine at the dealer, I was called and asked if I would want the old part"engine".
I said I would and picked it up the next day.
I do not know if this engine is salvagable to date

quote:

Originally posted by SoftPoint:
Bob Thompson [[email protected]]writes:

The Posting warnings are meant to clean/saturate this site.
This site is friendly as is the First amendment of the constitution.
So after suspeneding you from this site
!

This is the guy that is running this site

crushedcar.gif
This is unacceptable for a site
crushedcar.gif
crushedcar.gif

[ August 06, 2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: joee12 ]

Guido, I have to question the validity of your statements. You register as a member on 8/5/2003 as a 'lubrication engineer' with interests in 'Engine Oil Analysis, Fluid dynamics' and the only two threads you choose to participate in (the day after you register) are this one (posting a negative experience with Amsoil oil) and another questioning a test on Amsoil air filters. Sorry, but I have to question your motives, and I'm NOT an Amsoil rep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back