Amsoil and their tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look- There are several excellent oils on the market today some pao synthetic some dino and some group lll synthetic. It is unfair to bash amsoil if you do not understand what advantages quality synthetics have over quality dino oils. Which do you think is going to lubricate the best at -20 below zero- Amsoil every time. Which is going to provide the best lubrication at 100 f -amsoil every time. Which is going to provide excellent protection at normal temperatures and easy type driving say in South Carolina or Gerogia - well maybe both amsoil and say Chevron Supreme with Iso-syn
rolleyes.gif
will both be equal. So make sure you realize the benefits of a particular product before you bash it. Amsoil is a dam good product-one of the best if not the best for what it is desingned for and Chevron Supreme is also good for the application it is desinged for-which is not the extreme conditions that amsoil will tolerate. Some people are happy with 1.08 a quart oil and some want only 5.00 and up a quart oil. Just respect both ends of the spectrum. I enjoy using both type of products-but also understand the limitations or dino oil. Sorry to ramble- I just want this to be a positive board for all users.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by cryptokid:

i have seen you do this before pablo, to tranish another brand to make yours seem not as bad is not good buisness.

Personally I think think this type of rhetoric on this board is uncalled for.
mad.gif
I have never seen msparks or Pablo trash another product for the sake of promoting their own products. They have been first in line to say good things (when warranted) about Mobil 1 UOA's.

I think folks on this board try to look at things objectively. They don't let fixed and sometimes dogmatic opinions in their past influence their posts. I hope we all try to continue this trend.

If we don't it will devolve into another Edmunds Board
frown.gif

All I can say is that Amsoil works for me. Have been using it for over five years (no, I am not a dealer). No varnish buildup whatsoever, extended drain intervals, better winter protection and cold starts make it worth the extra bux. After all, taking the longer drain intervals into account, there is really very little difference in price.
cheers.gif
fruit.gif
patriot.gif
fruit.gif

Like I said respect products for what they do and no matter what specs. they meet or do not meet. You are very wrong when you say amsoil is loaded with VI improvers. They probably have none in some weights, as Mobil may have none is some of their weights. Look this is turned into a personal thing on a few amsoil reps. that do a good very non biased job on this site. Heck they comment positivley on many other uoa other than amsoil. If I had the ability to close this thread I would. Think Positive
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by like a rock:
Look- There are several excellent oils on the market today some pao synthetic some dino and some group lll synthetic. It is unfair to bash amsoil if you do not understand what advantages quality synthetics have over quality dino oils. Which do you think is going to lubricate the best at -20 below zero- Amsoil every time. Which is going to provide the best lubrication at 100 f -amsoil every time.

"...Amsoil every time." No necessarily. I can get other products that equal Amsoil for less cost. Amsoil's oil is good. Personally, I dislike the price and the hype, including bad info and attitudes I've gotten from their tech department.

Ken

I want to chime in with my $.02! I like the Amsoil Reps on this site. I do not always agree with Amsoils Marketing Stratagey but their are alot of very good people selling their products. I have run into more good ones then bad ones. It is silly for this to get so personel(sp)! We should always TRY to respect one another!!! Remember this site is supposed to be fun!! It is also supposed to inform! LEt all try to remember this!!

P.S. !!!!=Emphasis not Yell.

I never said anything bad about Amsoil. I only presented you the facts which I discovered on Mobil website. I also suggested, and only suggested that amsoil might in fact have more VI improvers. I do not know if its true. I also doubt that Amsoil can confirm this becasue as well as any other oil company they will not disclose info about exact composition of their products.

I'm sure that if amsoil would make a really bad products they would be out of business by now. Actually, to my mind, some concerns or non-positive remarks about any product indicate that its a for real not some kind of "magical space-age super technological do-everything" product.

Regards,

The Amsoil reps on this site are extremely fair and objective and do a nice job. Amsoil is great oil that only uses the best additives. All companies have there "quirky" marketing as I see it.

I wasn't going to re-engage, but, "Oh well." My concern about this whole thread is not who was singled out, but that it appears to me, now confirmed by the originator, that it was designed to "stir up something." That is pointless. There is enough humor and well-intended personal opinion, sometimes interestingly and controversially expressed, interjected into these threads that we don't need attempts to "stir up things," especially when the stirring up doesn't really contribute anything of value. All of you, look back over this thread and tell me anything positive that has come out of it. All I see is animosity and verbage that might have gone over the line and degraded the chemistry this board now has. This is a valuable board which makes solid contributions to the knowledge and awareness of the participants. We don't need Jerry Springer to liven things up.

I would like to say it was not my intent to bash anyone or anyone's product. And if you analyze this thread as a whole, it has shown that the people who contribute to this forum have a lot to offer. There is a wealth of info available on this site, and I have formed my opinions on oil both from my own experience and the info I have read on this site. I will delete this thread if any asks. I thought thought a good stimulating debate would refresh our minds. I apologize for any that were offended. I also studied phsycology, so I could't resist. I believe AMSOIL is a good product, and there are many good products out there. Good Luck To All, and God Bless America!
patriot.gif

Cheers!
fruit.gif

SoftPoint

quote:

Why would you want to pay extra money for this stuff? Any SL rated oil will give excellent protection. Get a good SL rated oil and a SuperTech oil filter, and change it every 3,000 miles and you wont need AMSOIL

Well, if 3,000 miles was good enough for us, there would really be no need to have a Bobistheoilguy.com........

fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif

Considering the fact that Amsoil stays close to it's original viscosity even in extended drains, I'd say they are using little or no VII at all in at least their 5w30 or 10w30. We tend to beat up Amsoil for it's sales tactics, but if you just look at the quality of this oil, it's definitely one of the very best.

There are so many regulations regarding the sale of Amsoil that it makes it extremely hard for the average joe to market the Amsoil product over the Internet. i made a big mistake signing up for a year, that's for sure.

quote:

Originally posted by metroplex:
There are so many regulations regarding the sale of Amsoil that it makes it extremely hard for the average joe to market the Amsoil product over the Internet. i made a big mistake signing up for a year, that's for sure.

I assume you mean as a dealer and the $30 fee? I guess it depends how much of the product you use. On ave you save $2/quart on everything plus about the same on filters and ATF. So break even is about 15 quarts. I use at least 25, more like 35 quarts, plus ATF and filters so it is worthwhile for me. I have the added benefit of no shipping due to a warehouse at the local airport. I could have gone the preferred customer route and saved $10 but after all these years one never knows when something will turn up.

Personally, I wish I knew how these dealers can make a living off of the sales but I never got into it enough to research the true revenue/espense side of the operation.

I'm not sure what "many regulations" are holding me back, but, yes, Spector when you figure out how to make a living at it, clue me in, too!
cheers.gif

As for the original poster, I read an apology, but it was lacking an explanation (other than he was a psych major)about his toilet paper "crack"

quote:

Who would want to buy their motor oil from a company that sells toilet paper in bulk?
Just a simple question after talking to these engineers.
Cheers!
SoftPoint

quote:

I also studied phsycology, so I could't resist.

Just WAY too funny to resist!

[ August 06, 2003, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Pablo ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back