Amsoil air filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the "old" days when air filters were of similar design, these filters may have worked well. But with all the newer designs (flat panel, cone, ect), plus throttle bodies and sensors in the intake system, they may be on their way out.

I too have experienced deterioration of the Amsoil foam filters, and was not thrilled with Amsoil's so called warranty response. Those particles of foam obviously went into the engine!

As a side note, in one shipment of oil I received from Superior, they used scrap pieces of foam from the filters as packing material; a good idea regarding recycling, but makes me wonder about the quality control. The box was full of rolled pieces 10 feet long!

Hapuna

I have an Amsoil air filter on my wife's Jeep Cherokee. I have a little bit of oil leaking into the air box also. Since I have to remove the airbox to drain the antifreeze, I do these servicings at the same time and put the airbox in the dishwasher. Just don't let the wife see you do this. The Amsoil guy I deal with told me that if you don't dry the filter thoroughly before you oil it, the filter can fall apart. He also told me that if I have any problems with it, I can bring it back and get a new one.
cheers.gif
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back