Hyundai / Kia Engine Air Filters : Robust & Seal Well

I find Hyundai / Kia engine air filters are robust and seal extremely well as compared to STP and other after market engine air filters I have tried . I don't pay dealer prices but buy from a trusted on-line Hyundai / Kia provider. Yes , if I could find an after market air filter built as well and sealed as well as the Hyundai / Kia engine air filters then I would change my tune . For me it only took one after market engine air filter that did not seal well plus a high silicone UOA to stay with what works (for me) .

You make a great point about OEM branded filters. I have found that some OEMs have very competively priced filters, especially if you can find an OEM online representative. I think others here on BITOG can also witness to this fact with Toyota, Subaru, and others.

Yes, pretty good filters. I only used OEM branded air filters or NAPA Gold in our 2013 KIA Optima. The NAPA Gold were of similar quality.

Yes, pretty good filters. I only used OEM branded air filters or NAPA Gold in our 2013 KIA Optima. The NAPA Gold were of similar quality.
Good to know regarding NAPA Gold air filters .

If your Hyundai is like mine an uses a filter with a cam lock thing I get something like an STP filter, test fit it, if it makes a tight seal I leave it alone but if it doesn't I take the cam locks out throw them in the bin and reuse the ones from the previous filter, a Hyundai filter. I had one STP filter it didn't even seal against the air box I could see a gap for dirt to go through. Swapping the cam lock shaft fixed that.
Vehicle is a 2018 Hyundai sonata regular hybrid, 2L gdi.

Agreed. I also like that the OE filter costs less than aftermarket offerings, at least for my Elantra.

Back