Amsoil air filter for aftermarket cold air intake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how the Amsoil come air filter for after market intakes do compares to what comes with the intake itself which looks like KN material/design.

My Camaro makes 500hp through a stock replacement WIX air filter. Makes 520hp without the MAF (Speed Density)

The air filter made zero difference!!! Dynoed with a WIX/K&N/No filter using a SLP Lid.

Unless you have forced induction....Intake & Filter mods rarely result in power gains.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
My Camaro makes 500hp through a stock replacement WIX air filter. Makes 520hp without the MAF (Speed Density)

The air filter made zero difference!!! Dynoed with a WIX/K&N/No filter using a SLP Lid.

Unless you have forced induction....Intake & Filter mods rarely result in power gains.

I wonder what the need is for a Camaro with 500hp. If you were pulling a 10K trailer but I doubt thats the case. I assume main reason you have a 500hp engine is that they do not make a 600hp engine

Originally Posted by clinebarger

Hahaha, and what a Camaro it must be! I hope one day you can have 600 hp, but why not 700?

Years ago I watched 17 dyno runs on every kind of new gen Hemi in a variety of cars and trucks. We ran several types of air filters including all the popular "performance" types.

Not a bit of difference in any vehicle beyond normal variations.

I run mine for simplicity and have had it for over 200,000 miles. Still returns awesome oil analysis,not throwing more parts in land fill, easier to maintain with just vacuum the pleats every 25k.

I mainly am asking about Amsoil aftermarket Cone filters b cause I don't trust the aftermarket cone filters that the intake comes with which looks like KN style.

As long as it can protect the engine, it's what I'm looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back