Ammo Inc. ammunition

pbm

Palmetto State Armory has Ammo Inc. 9 mm 115 JHP on 'Clearance' for $7.99 a box of 20.
At 40 cents a round it wouldn't be bad even for training and seeing if your pistol feeds HP's.
Does anybody have an opinion on this ammo as a self defense round?

Is this the “tracer” stuff? If so, training is ALL I would personally use it for. It’s got a much lower MV and does not have anywhere near the penetrating power or expanded diameter of even the SIG365 ammo which is turned down for smaller guns. It’s nowhere close to the SIG Elite 9mm (1185 MV).

And be careful on the payment method. Many won't take credit cards and want you to send cash via Zelle or something. REALLY bad idea.

Is this the “tracer” stuff? If so, training is ALL I would personally use it for. It’s got a much lower MV and does not have anywhere near the penetrating power or expanded diameter of even the SIG365 ammo which is turned down for smaller guns. It’s nowhere close to the SIG Elite 9mm (1185 MV).
No not the tracer ammo...the box in the ad shows 1160 MV, 344 ft. lbs. of 'Muzzle Energy',
50 yd. velocity of 1078 fps, 50 yd. energy of 296ft. pounds.

I remember looking at this ammo in Florida and thinking that the HP opening was smaller than the SIG ammo next to it which makes me wonder about it's ability to mushroom upon impact.

Yeah, fine for training & with that MV should be fairly close to POI with whatever else you use that’s that speed. I occasionally plink a 55 gal drum in front of my backstop with handgun ammo, and the Ammo tracer stuff does not even penetrate both walls of it. The SIG Elite not only punches thru cleanly, I can usually fit most of my pinky into the exit hole on SIG.

The largest exit holes I’ve seen in the drum were from the ARX Interceptor (IIRC the name) with the petal-shaped FMJ profile. Massive!

Hmm. Looking at the ad, they show the application as personal protection and target. I don't think I would select it for either. For personal protection, I'm prone to spend the money to get well respected and thoroughly tested ammo. So the magazines for my carry and home defense pistols are loaded with Hornady Critical Defense or Sig Elite Performance V Crown..

I wouldn't select it for practice either. At $7.99/20=$0.40/round=$19.98/50. I can find practice ammo around here for $17.99/50, and don't have to pay shipping.

Too cheap for PD. Too expensive for practice.

i had some of their 223 and it was fine. as far as pice goes, mail order ammo deals are almost always ruined by shipping cost. i get ammo at academy and also we have a local gun store that is high except for bulk. few months ago i got cci 9mm 1k rds for $299 so i couldn't resist. for carry/SD, just get a name brand HP that you know will feed reliably in your gun.

Back