Amazon Fire TV Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Netflix have old movies too?
I watch mostly 1928-58 movies
Before 1928 the sound was horrible and the 60's was a bunch of Beach Blanket bingo crap
smile.gif
lol
$96 a year is doable-Thanks

I have the cheaper 1080P Firestick and a 4K Firestick. The 4K Firestick has a better processor and GPU and is much faster. The cheap 1080P Firestick is slower to use.

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
Have you heard about satellite for internet its come down in costs.

Yes i did look into it but it looks like it is very limited and "unlimited" use had some bad small print.
It actually would be very exp here anyway. But I only looked into a few.

I can monitor router throughput. My Fire TV was pulling GIGABYTES of data every day, even when not in use.

Googling showed that the screensaver downloads images all the time. Turn it off in settings. Now I'm at 500-750 kilobytes a day, when no video is watched on Fire TV.

Originally Posted by bobdoo
I can monitor router throughput. My Fire TV was pulling GIGABYTES of data every day, even when not in use.

Googling showed that the screensaver downloads images all the time. Turn it off in settings. Now I'm at 500-750 kilobytes a day, when no video is watched on Fire TV.
Yeah, my Chromecast devices were doing the same thing. I had to disable the screensaver.

Since there is an existing topic on FireTV stick I want to ask here if anyone can point me to right direction. I was told for newer movies like of Amazon or Netflix can be seen for free and that's my main reason of getting one.

so today I bought the stick (jailbroken) for $65 and I was wondering do I really need it; I have Prime, cable, smart TV however no Alexa speake in the house r; my question if there is any benefit of holding one in my situation anyone please.

I played with it tonight to see what features it offers and did not see anything spectacular or am I missing something?

I Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back