AEM Dryflo-UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my first UOA back on a 01 Ram 1500 5.9. I have a AEM 9 inch cone dry flow filter on a K&N FIPK. The oil has a 5000mi, 6 month OCI. The motor has 59000mi and is driven mostly short trips in the city. Full report is posted in UOA section. The silicon level was 9 with the average being 18. The inside of the tube had a VERY slight coating of baby powder like dust on the inside. Filter needed only to be cleaned with a vacuum and compressed air at low pressure. Any thoughts?

boy if the AEM dryflo lets dust in and so do k&N, does this mean that K&N isnt as horrible as everybody says on this board?

I ran my last interval with a 9" AEM Dry Flow on my K&N FIPK. There was virtually no difference in silicon levels in comparison to the K&N filter it replaced. I was kind of disappointed. My UOA is floating around here somewhere.

I'm considering trying an Amsoil EaO to see if it makes any difference.

I ran my last interval with the AEM dryflow on my K&N short ram. It replaced the K&N filter from the previous interval and silicon dropped significantly.
thumbsup.gif
UOA is on the site.

Quote:

I got my first UOA back on a 01 Ram 1500 5.9. I have a AEM 9 inch cone dry flow filter on a K&N FIPK. The oil has a 5000mi, 6 month OCI. The motor has 59000mi and is driven mostly short trips in the city. Full report is posted in UOA section. The silicon level was 9 with the average being 18. The inside of the tube had a VERY slight coating of baby powder like dust on the inside. Filter needed only to be cleaned with a vacuum and compressed air at low pressure. Any thoughts?

The AEM specifically calls for cleaning in their water solution with their soap and not to blow or vacuum it as that will damage the media. Now Amsoil's dry filter specifically calls for blowing and vacuum.

I did not know that. The filter was only dusty and not oily or grimey. It cleaned up good with just the vacuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back