Absolutely the Best Grease

That sucks, I'm glad mine are sealed. Why would they make greasable driveshafts on a vehicle that will likely be used for soccer taxiing and grocery fetching?

They make Highlanders for that. The 4R is still a purpose built competent off-roader, which is how many are used. Many are relegated to mall-crawl duty, I'm sure, but Toyota can't control that, obviously.

-using Mystik JT6 high temp in U-Joints
-using Mystik JT6 high temp w/3% moly on sliders
in my `18 TRD Off Road in sig. which meet the specs in the owner manual
I believe use something that meets spec and don't neglect them, they should last the life of the truck.

I'm using an NLGI 1.5 grease from High Performance Lubricants.

20201020_112733.jpg

Lucas Heavy Duty Polyurea grease... I have pretty good result on my RV, I prefer that one to the red and tacky on wheel bearing

Personally I recommend Quantum Blue with the enhanced tackifier package- just spray it on once and no more need for all that messy grease.

Like someone already mentioned, IMO marine grease is the best for general purpose grease. FWIW the U-joints w/o fittings are better and last longer than the ones that have them. I mention this from time to time but when our trucking company went from greasable joints to sealed for life we never had another one fail again on our PTO shafts. The shop tried different types of grease but they still couldn't hold up as well.

Ugh, I'll never buy a greaseable ujoint even again. They always want to grease out one axis and not the other. And the mess those little press ball fittings make.

Lucas Red N Tacky separated on me. I'd be afraid to use marine grease on an auto. I assume it trades off something for water resistance. And yes I'm ok with my assumptions. Otherwise I'd be gridlocked, unable to make any decisions whatsoever.

SuperTech has the spec grease on the Walmart shelf, $3.49, moly lithium check your manual.

Lpook in the owners manual and buy a major brand name grease that has the specs the owners manual recommends

Of course, on a 4Runner you need two kinds of grease and two grease guns if you really want to do it right.

Spider grease - Lithium base chassis grease NLGI No. 2
Slide yoke grease - Molybdenum disulfide lithium base chassis grease NLGI No. 2

I’ve got two guns and I ordered both types of grease but, so far, I’ve only run Mobil 1 “Pink Grease” because I like the color.

That sucks, I'm glad mine are sealed. Why would they make greasable driveshafts on a vehicle that will likely be used for soccer taxiing and grocery fetching?

Because they are made to be able to tolerate more severe use (if they are properly lubed after 4wd trail running) than just soccer mom duty. Sealed U-joints and slip-joints subjected to the same use will have a short life, if water, dirt, etc. get past the seals on the lubed-for-life components.

I know I replaced "sealed" u-joints back in my consumer car repair days, which had been contaminated by water, mud, etc. Friends still in the business have to periodically change them due to contamination too.

Any vehicle I would take on 4wd trails, I would far and away prefer to have lubeable components.

Back