Aaron Judge Home Run Ball. What would you do if you caught the ball?

Wife and I were talking about it this morning. Wifey said sell to Yankees for $5M. I said loan it to the Yankees for $250k/year.

What would you do?

If it had happened at Wrigley Field, a hundred fans would have thrown various random balls onto the field and no one would be able to tell which was the actual home run ball.
The balls were marked special to prevent counterfeits and thwart this type of behavior.

I was at a party at sat next to a guy that worked for the Yankees. He was wearing a huge ring. I said, Hey man, nice ring. Is that what I think it is? He goes, Yeah, rips it off his finger and hands it to me. It was a NYY 2009 World Series ring. But anyways, we get to talking about the Yankees and stuff and I asked about Judge. He tells me Judge is the nicest, most humble, polite guy that you'll ever meet. Based on that, I'd sell the ring to the Yankees/Judge for a good price. Probably below market but enough for my wife and me to retire.

It's a shame MLB lets the steroid users records stand.

I would have kept it and offered to sell it back to the team or Judge for a reasonable amount of money. Something like six figures, not seven. I'd plead my case as being a regular working stiff who could use a little financial bonus in my retirement years. That's reasonable and fair I think.

Scott

I would have kept it and offered to sell it back to the team or Judge for a reasonable amount of money. Something like six figures, not seven. I'd plead my case as being a regular working stiff who could use a little financial bonus in my retirement years. That's reasonable and fair I think.

Scott
Didn't judge turn down a 230 million contract offer?...if he wanted the ball and I had it he,d pay full price 🙂

It's a dang baseball. I would sell it and give the $$ to someone who genuinely needs it.
Or buy another car I have no room for?

Sell it to the highest bidder and hope # 63 doesn't happen. If Aaron wants it, he can afford to pay the price.

Back