Aaron Judge Home Run Ball. What would you do if you caught the ball?

You obviously are not a baseball fan and recognize what that actual ball represents. It's no different than someone paying a huge amount of money for a vehicle driven by some celebrity.
Agreed. Heck, people pay huge amounts of money for cars they don't need every day, regardless of who has or has not driven it.
Each to their own.

That's not the point. It's the perceived value of some ordinary object being thousands of times greater than what it is just because somebody famous used or owned owned it. If you want to equate that with vehicles, I once sold a Mercedes owned by a semi famous, or shall I say, infamous, race car driver. It brought no more than other similar models.
Who was the driver?

I would sell it to the highest bidder as soon as possible. In the short term, the price will likely go down. Long term is anyone's guess but it could go up quite a bit.

The highest bidder would get the ball if I caught it. The Yankees and Judge have a lot more money than I do and they can easily afford to buy it back. ;)
27.gif
I went to a Yankee game in August with 2 childhood friends (even though I grew up in a NY Mets household while living in the Bronx). When I bought 3 draft beers it came to nearly $50 and with the 'recommended tip' of 20% (for pouring 3 beers) it was over $50 (IIRC the beers were $14.50 each).

OTOH, Judge seems like a genuinely nice, humble guy just like Derek Jeter was....The Yankees (like the football Giants) don't seem to tolerate 'me' guys...that's why the Giants got rid of Odell Beckham I'm told.

PS: I agree the guy who caught the ball should sell it asap to the highest bidder.

Last edited:
I went to a Yankee game in August with 2 childhood friends (even though I grew up in a NY Mets household while living in the Bronx). When I bought 3 draft beers it came to nearly $50 and with the 'recommended tip' of 20% (for pouring 3 beers) it was over $50 (IIRC the beers were $14.50 each).

OTOH, Judge seems like a genuinely nice, humble guy just like Derek Jeter was....The Yankees (like the football Giants) don't seem to tolerate 'me' guys...that's why the Giants got rid of Odell Beckham I'm told.

PS: I agree the guy who caught the ball should sell it asap to the highest bidder.
I was born and raised in NY. I'm not a fan of baseball, or NY teams. I'd rather watch paint dry than a baseball game. You're right beers at a ballgame sell for stupid money, they have a captive audience. I hear they beat you upside the head to park a car at Yankee Stadium too.

I agree Judge seems like a genuinely nice, humble guy just like Derek Jeter, and a few others. Here's the BUT: Having said all of that, catching that ball for me, had I been forced to go to that game, would have been my shot at getting rich fast. Trust me I wouldn't have blown that once in a lifetime shot at some big money!! I would have sold it for big bucks. :D

My Sequoia will take you where you've never been before. What will a ball do?

If intrinsic value was the only determinant of markets, economies and the world would be a much different place.

Those little slips of paper and small metal discs most people carry in their wallets and purses have very little intrinsic value. It's what they can be exchanged for that give them value.

And a lot of people really like clear rocks and bits of metal that do little other than serve as shiny bits of ornamentation.

Back