Aaron Judge Home Run Ball. What would you do if you caught the ball?

B

Because someone will be willing to pay that much.
Then someone is a freakin idiot. How is it any different from the one in the sporting goods store? Just because it was use by, at, or on?

It's not the ball but what it represents.
That's the nonsense that some people buy into. In that case it's just souvenir.

Then someone is a freakin idiot. How is it any different from the one in the sporting goods store? Just because it was use by, at, or on?

Value is is subjective. It's no different than religious/cultural relics, artwork, etc.

When you sell someone a vehicle to you make a profit off it or do you do it for charity and "break even"?

When you sell someone a vehicle to you make a profit off it or do you do it for charity and "break even"?
That's not the point. It's the perceived value of some ordinary object being thousands of times greater than what it is just because somebody famous used or owned owned it. If you want to equate that with vehicles, I once sold a Mercedes owned by a semi famous, or shall I say, infamous, race car driver. It brought no more than other similar models.

That's not the point. It's the perceived value of some ordinary object being thousands of times greater than what it is just because somebody famous used or owned owned it. If you want to equate that with vehicles, I once sold a Mercedes owned by a semi famous, or shall I say, infamous, race car driver. It brought no more than other similar models.
Not really. If someone wants to pay whatever for this baseball, that called free market capitalism. The value of anything is what someone is willing to pay. Look at new cars today; MSRP is a joke when just 2 years ago no one paid MSRP.
To me, it's just a baseball and worth zilch. As an historic baseball, it could be worth millions. Just not to me, but I wouldn't mind having been the person that caught the money ball.

So many better things to worry about. AJ is worth 20 million. His next contract will be to the moon and back. Keep draining those quart bottles overnight to get an extra inch of oil out of them while you lose precious sleep rooting for these characters. I don’t get it.

Okays so the market didn't place significant value on the driver in question.

I knew an antique business which had national if not international coverage. The business acquired a pool table for a certain A-list celebrity. The customer didn't like the table so the owner of the antique business said he'd take the table back of the celebrity signed it along with a photo of the individual and the table. The table was returned and then re-sold as being formerly owned by X for more than what the celeb paid for it.

Market value is subjective.

As a Red Sox fan, I would not keep it (because cooties). I would happily sell it to Mr. Judge. He seems like a good guy. I might even ask for a photo op. Wearing my Sox cap, of course ;)

As a Red Sox fan, I would not keep it (because cooties). I would happily sell it to Mr. Judge. He seems like a good guy. I might even ask for a photo op. Wearing my Sox cap, of course ;)
I know how you feel. I met the owner of the NY Giants at a golf event. I knew he was going to be there so I wore an EAGLES golf shirt. He was not amused. But then he doesn't look like the most cheerful guy anyways.

Get a meeting with Judge and work something amicable for both parties. He might be willing to trade the bat for it..or whatever is amicable.
Couple million is chump change for Judge.

I agree with you but some people have lots of money to spend on silly things.

You obviously are not a baseball fan and recognize what that actual ball represents. It's no different than someone paying a huge amount of money for a vehicle driven by some celebrity.

Last edited:
I know how you feel. I met the owner of the NY Giants at a golf event. I knew he was going to be there so I wore an EAGLES golf shirt. He was not amused. But then he doesn't look like the most cheerful guy anyways.
You should have worn a Dallas Cowboys baseball hat as well 🤣🤣🤣.

The highest bidder would get the ball if I caught it. The Yankees and Judge have a lot more money than I do and they can easily afford to buy it back. ;)
27.gif

I ask for a trade, ball for the bat he used, with his autograph on it. Straight up.

Back