A word of caution regarding Valvoline Maxlife ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
To summarize: Valvoline Maxlife Multi-Vehicle ATF is not warranted. It meets no certifications either and is not licensed nor evaluated by any OEM auto maker. It says recommended for just about any transmission, because it recommends its own product: no auto maker recommends it. Similar to how Burger King recommends you buy a Whopper for lunch. It even recommends itself for ATF specs that are mutually incompatible with each other, such that it would be impossible for one product to meet both specs, such as both Hyundai SP-III and SP-IV M.

Originally Posted by wdn
To summarize: Valvoline recommends its own product: no auto maker recommends it. Similar to how Burger King recommends you buy a Whopper for lunch. It even recommends itself for ATF specs that are mutually incompatible with each other

lol.gif
crazy.gif
crazy2.gif
happy2.gif

FWIW. My 2017 Fusion calls for Mercon LV ATF. On my first D&F The ATF was very dark at 26K. Re-filled with Valvo Max LV and never thought the trans shifted as well. Several weeks ago I changed over to M1 LV ATF and have noticed improvement in shifting, up and down. M1 LV is not spec'd for this trans, but the Vis is close the MC LV.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wdn
To summarize: Valvoline Maxlife Multi-Vehicle ATF is not warranted. It meets no certifications either and is not licensed nor evaluated by any OEM auto maker. It says recommended for just about any transmission, because it recommends its own product: no auto maker recommends it. Similar to how Burger King recommends you buy a Whopper for lunch. It even recommends itself for ATF specs that are mutually incompatible with each other, such that it would be impossible for one product to meet both specs, such as both Hyundai SP-III and SP-IV M.

Fully agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back